Remaining in control over the phone

#1 - Use voice inflection. Meaning - if they are calm and quiet - speak the same way. If they talk fast and are loud - mimic it.

#2 - Don't ask yes or no questions. Give them a choice of an answer - make them choose . . .

Example - which plan sounds best for you Ms. Jones - the $5k or the $10k?

Example - I'll call you back tomorrow - what is best for you - 10am or 2pm?

You structure the conversation and "pause" at the right times and let the client speak. Especially when they are speaking of themselves. Everyone wants to be heard . . .

Most of all - don't be saying "um" and stuttering . . .

Tom

#1 - Use voice inflection. Meaning - if they are calm and quiet - speak the same way. If they talk fast and are loud - mimic it.

#2 - Don't ask yes or no questions. Give them a choice of an answer - make them choose . . .

Example - which plan sounds best for you Ms. Jones - the $5k or the $10k?

Example - I'll call you back tomorrow - what is best for you - 10am or 2pm?

You structure the conversation and "pause" at the right times and let the client speak. Especially when they are speaking of themselves. Everyone wants to be heard . . .

Most of all - don't be saying "um" and stuttering . . .

Tom

I totally agree. Right on. Especially the voice inflection part. That is a big for me. I always tone and customize to match the client. The effect is the prospect feels our personality is similar. Nice post.

every new lead get called for 5 days until reached and emailed simultaneously until reached day 1-7, week 2-4, month 2-3, 6, 9 ,12 automatically.

I purchase 25 internet leads a day 4-5 days a week.

conversion rates are 1/10 if bad leads included

25 leads a day? What are you paying for your leads? At $35 a lead that works out to $875 a day !!! What company is your lead source? I'm assuming you're doing health insurance. I do life only.

Also, can you explain about emailing. My interpretation is you email every day for 3 months (day 1-7, week 2-4, month 2-3).

I buy shared internet leads through insure me etc.

7.00 no filters accept under 65 is average cost before credit true cost is 5.60 after 20% return rate.

1 could email every day but that would be redundant.

I set up system to email every day for 7 days- until they call in or respond. If they respond i put through normal sales process. use avidian prophet a contact manager integrated to outlook which allows me to set up autoresponding emails and work flow events. If not contacted after a week emails automatically weekly then monthly. I will call for 7-8 days straight then once aweek until reached after 6 weeks I will put into sales automation software

If interested-sell them if not put in sales automation email system that will email at 2,3,6.9.12 months. I call them back at 3 months to see if they are intersted yet. if not 6 9 and 12 months will have some kind of contact with 75-85% of inquiries either in positive or negative. The system reminds me of what to do so I can handle a large sum of leads without them falling throught the cracks.

Back