Renewed all my Licenses a few weeks ago . . . Yay!

Why in the world would you put the sales reps on W2?

Many 1099 peeps don't file taxes and/or Social Security properly. By structuring them as a W2 "Employee" - we can help make sure that they get the credit quarters they need for when they draw SS.

As a W2 we have more control over their actions. We will still pay commissions / bonuses - but, with withholding. As a W2 we can provide a broader range of benefits as well.

Don't you want them to sell more than the basic package? What about paying the installers for add on? Aren't you going to do that?

We teach them to design a package based on the customer's needs. We have Basic Systems for $29.99 a month and our Max System is only $74.99 a month. Those are monitored plans. We can custom design a suite of video surveillance products from $1999 up to $100,000 depending on the customer's desires and budget.

We don't allow add-ons in the field. Been there - Done that. Too many problems.

A person can be a W2 employee and still be paid commission.

True. That's how we'll do it on the Sales side. On the Install side - we will pay by the hour down the road - just don't have the volume yet to consistently guarantee the hours. Sub-contractors will work for a little while.

We don't allow add-ons in the field. Been there - Done that. Too many problems.

Here's why I asked about the installers..... I have worked as an installer for both Brinks and ADT. ADT actually wanted me to switch over to sales because I was outselling their sales people simply because I knew what I was doing when it comes to the coverage. The sales people for the most part don't. If you don't understand that, you are making a big mistake.

Here's why I asked about the installers..... I have worked as an installer for both Brinks and ADT. ADT actually wanted me to switch over to sales because I was outselling their sales people simply because I knew what I was doing when it comes to the coverage. The sales people for the most part don't. If you don't understand that, you are making a big mistake.

I had a rather large Team in 2004 - 2006. Installers making upsells was a big problem. Created a bigger headache than revenue. Especially when using sub-contractors as installers . . .

With the packages we have - it's pretty much just pick one -or- build a custom plan. We have the best rates on the market and only do 36 month agreements. We will do a followup after 12 months and can add on if the client desires.

So far the salespeople we have brought on are top notch. Our projections are modest. Hitting our 12 month and 24 month goals is doable.

Back