Renters Insurance

It's nearly impossible to get appointment when new.It's best to work with other indepensent agencies or wholesalers in your area.

Hi all

Looking for recommendations of carriers to contract with for Renters, Homeowners insurance. Just got a call from a perspective client who has a apartment building(500 apts) and wants me to offer renters insurance. I have contracted with foremost, and bristol west. Any more carriers that would be ideal. I am hoping there are some with a household name(good commissions too...:). Any names to throw out? I also tried Progressive but since I have not expanded out to an agency yet I was denied. Also I really appreciate everyone's help on this board, thank you for bearing with me while I am establishing my self as a Independent agent offering services. I have gotten the best infomation here vs any webinar, seminar, or class. My sister is a Pastry Chef, I need to send everyone some holiday cookies or something sweet. I send my gratutude and thanks again as I patiently wait for responses...(LOL more like eagerly):idea:

I think the best thing to do is, to post an ad about your offer on http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/renters-insurance-thread8998-2.html#post313099. This way you can get a lot of replies, speak with the people and go on from there.

Last edited:
I started out few months back. I have been writing with Superior Access for personal lines. The 24-48 hours they make you wait for binders are nothing for the carriers you get. Sometimes you can bind the same day. IT is worth it if you are new. You really do not have any other choice. THey are the best bang for your buck. You own your book of business too!!!

I started out few months back. I have been writing with Superior Access for personal lines. The 24-48 hours they make you wait for binders are nothing for the carriers you get. Sometimes you can bind the same day. IT is worth it if you are new. You really do not have any other choice. THey are the best bang for your buck. You own your book of business too!!!

Jack - Did Superior ever get Progressive? We have some agents in our agency that are P&C pros. I am not. I've had a license for almost 30 years but have never done anything with it.
Do you think that that Superior Access having that waiting of 24 hours before you can bind someone is a bummer?
I was on their program and paid $100.00 a month for it but stopped it because I never used it.
Just curious about Progressive.
And if Superior does not use Progressive do they have a replacement company to them.
Any advise that you could give would be apprectiated!

Back