Replacement for Surface Pro

Danimal

Expert
I have been happy using this Surface Pro as my primary computer for several years. I carry and iPhone X but I'm a PC guy so in replacing this Surface Pro it's going to have to be something with the Windows operating system.

Primary reason for new computer will be use in the field. As in, the computer needs to have its own connection to the internet at all times and yes I am fine paying monthly for that (I have Verizon now for my iPhone). I am not interested in carrying around a hotspot and I don't want to rely on my phone as a hotspot either. I want the computer to have built in internet.

Do any of you have a recommendation for a connected computer well suited for field use?

As this is of course relevant to insurance I think you'll also get some good responses on a techy forum as well, if you haven't already posted there too.

I use both an iPad Pro and a Surface Pro in the field and I use my iPhone as a hotspot. What do you see as the benefit of having a data account assigned to the tablet/computer rather than using a hotspot such as an iPhone?

I've been using hotspots to connect devices in the field for various business purposes since 2004 with no problems.

Back