Replacing United Insurance,Debit Dog

So he gets replaced,higher face amount,1st day coverage,lower premium.

The insured has received a letter from home office acknowledging replacement that shows CV in the policy.

Debit dog goes out there and tells the insured he cannot get his CV,tries to get the insured to sign a premium loan form to continue coverage.

The insured is M,79,and like many of our people is being manipulated by a dirt bag.

Looks like we have to have some conversation with the debit dog to get him to do the right thing.

Anybody ever have this happen ?

What did you say to the debit dog ?

First day coverage on that 79 year old man? Is he in Kentucky?

Is first day coverage on a 79 year old unusual in other states?

My understanding is Kentucky would not hit him with a contested claim if he died by age 81. I have written older with SNL. However, I have not replaced a non contestable policy on someone that old. In your state that could be different.

I guess he can call that first day coverage.

Oldest I have written was 87. She past the two yr mark a few months ago.

Are you saying you would not replace an incontestable policy at his age ?

If I can better his situation then I would replace it. Or offer replacement anyway. In Ky or out. I am not afraid of the contestable period. As long as the person is truthful it's never an issue.

If his health is not such that he could get a new policy then there's no need for further discussion.

I wrote a 78 year old today. It wasn't a replacement but it is level coverage.

Are you saying you would not replace an incontestable policy at his age ?

I do not know the circumstances so I can't really speak to this particular case. However if I was defending agent I would be hammering you on contestability. When we did the 3-way call I would ask you how much commission you made on the replacement.

----------

If I can better his situation then I would replace it. Or offer replacement anyway. In Ky or out. I am not afraid of the contestable period. As long as the person is truthful it's never an issue.

If his health is not such that he could get a new policy then there's no need for further discussion.

I wrote a 78 year old today. It wasn't a replacement but it is level coverage.

Wait. You are saying contestable claims are not normally a problem JD?

I do not know the circumstances so I can't really speak to this particular case. However if I was defending agent I would be hammering you on contestability. When we did the 3-way call I would ask you how much commission you made on the replacement.

----------

Wait. You are saying contestable claims are not normally a problem JD?

Not saying that at all. I'm saying I'm not afraid of them.

Latest posts

Back