Residential Marketing Techniques

Would have to agree with John as far as the experience goes. Definitely some great B2B training as well as people management. I know I still apply the 5 & 8 on a regular basis.

I ran my office in 2000 - 2001 for a short period. It started in North Highlands off of Watt and then we moved it to Howe Avenue, behind Friday's.

At least you can understand just how incredibally easy it is for me to walk into a business and simply as if they're interested in getting free quotes. Compared to working clearance it's a complete joke.

john_petrowski said:
At least you can understand just how incredibally easy it is for me to walk into a business and simply ask if they're interested in getting free quotes. Compared to working clearance it's a complete joke.

What is 5 & 8?

What is 'clearance'?

Al

5... Steps to a Conversation

8... Steps to Success

"Clearance" is one division within a large international conglomerate knowns as DS-Max.

john_petrowski said:
I had a great time at WWI (before they changed their name to DS MAX.) Worked my way up, made great money in clearance in the field, quickly built a team then they offered me a co-owner opportunity in Vegas. Got promoted out to Reno to open their first office, then off to the Brea office in CA to help out there and re-train some owners who were negging out. Would still be there but the hours burnt me out. Fantastic BtoB experience and unmatched experience with hiring and managing people.

We did the utilities end, marketing deregulated gas service and AT&T commerical telephone accounts. There were about 15 in our group and in the few weeks I was there, I was always in the top 5 for sales most every day and had several days where I led the pack. My average daily income was about $75 before taxes, so I can't imagine what some of the other made. Maybe in Clearance (which I know nothing about) a guy can actually make enough money in the field to pay a house, car, and raise a couple of kids, cause it wasn't there in utilities. If not, it's about selling people on a dream that won't be there for most of them. I do know the Clearance manager made far more money than the other two guys that shared the office.

The hours were ridiculous!!! They had us working 7:00 to 7:30 Monday through Friday and then 10:00 to 6:00 on Saturday. If that's not a recipe for burnout, nothing is.

Superchief said:
5... Steps to a Conversation

8... Steps to Success

"Clearance" is one division within a large international conglomerate knowns as DS-Max.

I'm not sure we used that in Utilities. Can you post them?

5 Steps to a Conversation...

1. Introduction
2. Short Story
3. Presentation
4. Close
5. Rehash

8 Steps to Success

1. Have a Great Attitude
2. Be on Time
3. Be Prepared
4. Work a Full 8 Hours
5. Work your Territory
6. Maintain your Great Attitude
7. Know your Goals
8. Take Control

4 Factors of Impulse

1. Fear of Loss
2. Indifference
3. Greed
4. Sense of Urgency

Okay, I remember them now. We would talk about them some, but I never really remembered them beating that into our heads. We spent more time on the stupid cheers than anything, which is just NOT my personality at all.

Superchief said:
4. Work a Full 8 Hours

They meant 8 hours once you finished your meeting and drove 30 minutes to your work area. And the paperwork at the end of the night didn't count either. :(

Back