Retire on renewals + avoid self employment

Easy. Stay Employed and put it in a Pension Plan.

Defined Contributions Plans (401k/SEP/IRA/etc) do not avoid FICA/SET.

Defined Benefit Plans (Pensions/Cash Balance/etc) avoid FICA/SET.

However, it probably would not make much sense to put just $10k into a DB Plan. If you had a spare $50k then it would make a lot more sense.

SEP IRA does avoid FICA bc its offset is the taxable income which is what FICA taxes

scagnt83 was trying to find out more about your planning so he can offer ideas and recommendations. That's what planners do. That's what *I* do.

And if someone doesn't want to answer my questions, I would say the same thing: "I wish you well. If I can be of service, you know how to reach me."

Sounds like. slap in the face good luck. Didnt get what u want so u slap? really? how about contributing information instead of nosey personal requests. If u noticed “kid” the whole premise of this thread was a question not a sharing of personal information.

From ur response sounds like a client not giving u something gets a infantile “thanks, good luck w ur investments”

Oh btw wtf is ur plan?

smh

Your responses have answered my original question more than you could ever know.

Your responses have answered my original question more than you could ever know.

glad u can find closure in ur good luck “kid” mentality. BTW hows that high horse view from above. “More than I could ever know” Im sure.

pathetic self righteousness more like
smh

scagnt83 was trying to find out more about your planning so he can offer ideas and recommendations. That's what planners do. That's what *I* do.

And if someone doesn't want to answer my questions, I would say the same thing: "I wish you well. If I can be of service, you know how to reach me."

hmmm thats an opinion and interpretation. there was enough information from the original post to share away his opinions.

SEP IRA does avoid FICA bc its offset is the taxable income which is what FICA taxes

A Self Employed Individual is different than an Employee of a company.

SE Taxes (FICA for self employed tax returns) are calculated prior to SEP Contributions being made.

This means the actual "Contribution" or transaction is not a separate taxable event for an Employee.

But the calculation for SE Taxes is on the amount of money prior to making the SEP Contribution. So a Self Employed individual is not able to avoid SE Taxes by making SEP Contributions.

hmmm thats an opinion and interpretation. there was enough information from the original post to share away his opinions.

10360691_10152844581764010_9034029736571038197_n.png

A Self Employed Individual is different than an Employee of a company.

SE Taxes (FICA for self employed tax returns) are calculated prior to SEP Contributions being made.

This means the actual "Contribution" or transaction is not a separate taxable event for an Employee.

But the calculation for SE Taxes is on the amount of money prior to making the SEP Contribution. So a Self Employed individual is not able to avoid SE Taxes by making SEP Contributions.

u are right i am wrong
thank u for your input

For a self-employed person contributing to his or her own SEP IRA, contributions are deducted as an adjustment to income on Form 1040 line 28. SEP contributions reduce a person's adjusted gross income, reduce taxable income, and thereby reduce the federal income tax. SEP IRAs do not impact the calculation of the self-employment tax, since the self-employment tax is calculated before SEP contributions are calculated. A self-employed person reduces income tax only by contributing to his or her own SEP IRA.

A self-employed person who contributes to SEP IRAs for his or her employees boosts business expenses. This lowers net profit, reducing both the self-employment tax and the income tax.

Back