Hawaii
    whats your plan?

PCBI, Nov 16, 2018
  2. scagnt83

scagnt83 Worldwide Expert of Everything

State:
    South Carolina
    One that is based on experience.

You want to share but you dont want people to ask questions? I was trying to have a genuine conversation with you.

Good luck to you kid.

3. PCBI

PCBI Super Genius

State:
    Hawaii
    SEP IRA does avoid FICA bc its offset is the taxable income which is what FICA taxes

PCBI, Nov 16, 2018
  4. DHK

DHK "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

State:
    California
    scagnt83 was trying to find out more about your planning so he can offer ideas and recommendations. That's what planners do. That's what *I* do.

And if someone doesn't want to answer my questions, I would say the same thing: "I wish you well. If I can be of service, you know how to reach me."

DHK, Nov 16, 2018
  5. scagnt83

State:
    South Carolina
    Your responses have answered my original question more than you could ever know.

6. PCBI

PCBI Super Genius

State:
    Hawaii
    glad u can find closure in ur good luck “kid” mentality. BTW hows that high horse view from above. “More than I could ever know” Im sure.

pathetic self righteousness more like
    smh

PCBI, Nov 16, 2018
  7. PCBI

PCBI Super Genius

State:
    Hawaii
    hmmm thats an opinion and interpretation. there was enough information from the original post to share away his opinions.

PCBI, Nov 16, 2018
  8. scagnt83

State:
    South Carolina
    A Self Employed Individual is different than an Employee of a company.

SE Taxes (FICA for self employed tax returns) are calculated prior to SEP Contributions being made.

This means the actual "Contribution" or transaction is not a separate taxable event for an Employee.

But the calculation for SE Taxes is on the amount of money prior to making the SEP Contribution. So a Self Employed individual is not able to avoid SE Taxes by making SEP Contributions.

9. DHK

DHK "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

State:
    California
    [​IMG]

DHK, Nov 16, 2018
  10. PCBI

PCBI Super Genius

State:
    Hawaii

u are right i am wrong
    thank u for your input

For a self-employed person contributing to his or her own SEP IRA, contributions are deducted as an adjustment to income on Form 1040 line 28. SEP contributions reduce a person's adjusted gross income, reduce taxable income, and thereby reduce the federal income tax. SEP IRAs do not impact the calculation of the self-employment tax, since the self-employment tax is calculated before SEP contributions are calculated. A self-employed person reduces income tax only by contributing to his or her own SEP IRA.

A self-employed person who contributes to SEP IRAs for his or her employees boosts business expenses. This lowers net profit, reducing both the self-employment tax and the income tax.

PCBI, Nov 16, 2018