Reuters: US charges 193 people in $2.75 billion health care fraud bust

I’d really like to see a further investigation into the ripple effect of the 1.1B in false Medicare Claims, such as how much of that was paid out by the medigap carriers, and how that impacts rates.

This looks like a big step towards a win for the justice department. However, we would be naive to think they are catching all of the organized crime.

What are they doing to prevent this ongoing problem?

How much of those seized assets go back to the people impacted by the fraud?

When will those seized assets go to auction, and how do I buy some? Ha

It’s 100% why Drs and skilled nursing facilities want everyone on OM. For nurses it’s just laziness and not wanting to have to get PA on anything. I guarantee Med Sup companies would love to have some say in approved bogus procedures. They are losing millions bc OM doesn’t look at a claim. My clients seem more worried about their pocketbooks rsather then the Drs and hospitals.

It’s 100% why Drs and skilled nursing facilities want everyone on OM. For nurses it’s just laziness and not wanting to have to get PA on anything. I guarantee Med Sup companies would love to have some say in approved bogus procedures. They are losing millions bc OM doesn’t look at a claim. My clients seem more worried about their pocketbooks rsather then the Drs and hospitals.
Meanwhile back on the farm.

Back