Rollup for 29yo Client Until Retirement?

Is anyone aware of an IA that provides a rider with rollup that a 29yo can have rollup until age 60 or 70??

The ones that go past 20 years of rollup (that I have found) are only available for age 40+.

The ones that will issue for younger ages only rollup for 20 years max...

Any suggestions?

**Fair warning...this may tsrat a firestorm with annuity producers that don't market or understand IUL**

Have you considered a conservatively illustrated IUL policy? My concern with an income annuity for a 29 year old is that with interest and cap rates being so low, the return, although guaranteed, may not be very attractive and I would at least take a look at a conservative IUL illustartion with Aviva, Allianz, Minnesota or NACOLAH. Even though the income rollup may be 7-10%, the actual rate of return is more like 3-4% at best.

I personally have an indexed plan and being the numbers geek that I am, I can't see any way an indexed annuity in this interest rate environment would ever have a higher internal rate of return than an IUL if the client is healthy and plans to keep the plan for over 15 years. Happy to share my personal analysis and the reasons why I have an IUL vs an FIA.

Good luck,
Alex

PM me or e-mail alex.stanchfield at gmail dot com.

P.S. I am not an IMO and I am not trying to recruit you! :cool:

**Fair warning...this may tsrat a firestorm with annuity producers that don't market or understand IUL**

Have you considered a conservatively illustrated IUL policy? My concern with an income annuity for a 29 year old is that with interest and cap rates being so low, the return, although guaranteed, may not be very attractive and I would at least take a look at a conservative IUL illustartion with Aviva, Allianz, Minnesota or NACOLAH. Even though the income rollup may be 7-10%, the actual rate of return is more like 3-4% at best.

I personally have an indexed plan and being the numbers geek that I am, I can't see any way an indexed annuity in this interest rate environment would ever have a higher internal rate of return than an IUL if the client is healthy and plans to keep the plan for over 15 years. Happy to share my personal analysis and the reasons why I have an IUL vs an FIA.

Good luck,
Alex

PM me or e-mail alex.stanchfield at gmail dot com.

P.S. I am not an IMO and I am not trying to recruit you!

You obviously did not read the thread completely... this is qualified money to start with .... and its a lump sum...

fyi: I am one of the biggest IUL advocates on this forum.
But I am not a fan of any of those carriers IUL products.

Last edited:
You obviously did not read the thread completely... this is qualified money to start with .... and its a lump sum...

fyi: I am one of the biggest IUL advocates on this forum.
But I am not a fan of any of those carriers IUL products.

Guess I missed the qualified portion...my apologies. I would be interested to know which IUL plans you currently use and the reasons why if you wouldn't mind sharing the info.

Thanks
Alex

Guess I missed the qualified portion...my apologies. I would be interested to know which IUL plans you currently use and the reasons why if you wouldn't mind sharing the info.

Thanks
Alex

No worries.

LFG, Penn, & ING.
They have a min yearly guarantee of 1% & 2%.
And they are the cheapest when it comes to accessing your money.

LFG is NDR with a fixed 5% loan rate, extremely hard to beat that combo for drawing income.

Also, Penn has a 5.25% fixed account, which is higher than most accumulation ULs right now.

No worries.

LFG, Penn, & ING.
They have a min yearly guarantee of 1% & 2%.
And they are the cheapest when it comes to accessing your money.

LFG is NDR with a fixed 5% loan rate, extremely hard to beat that combo for drawing income.

Also, Penn has a 5.25% fixed account, which is higher than most accumulation ULs right now.

I appreciate the info, all carriers I have used in the past. Will definitely check them out. Seems everyone I talk to lately is leaning towards the new Allianz Pro+, from what I hear the participating loan rate max is 5.3%, PtoP current cap is 17% and min guarantee is 2%. Haven't written it yet, so not sure what the COI and expense charges are.

Have a good one, thanks again for the info.

Last edited:
Back