Round 2 in the Insurance Biz

Praeter

Expert
Tomorrow I have an interview with an Allstate office in my little town and today I started getting excited! Round Two.....Fight!

Wait.....what happened in Round 1?

Long story short, SF P&C producer, garbage pay from Tica Agent and some bad moral practices from the agent, and other producers.

I had a brief phone interview where I was told the position is for a producer and pay is $10/hr + 10% of agencies commission. Not great, but a ton better than the $4.25/hr I was making at SF.

I checked threads on Allstate using the search function and I found a lot of what's bad with Allstate. I'm looking to hear some positive feedback on the company. So, if you've worked for Allstate or known anyone that has and had a pleasant experience, please share!

You will not be working for Allstate. You will be working for the Allstate agent.

What xrac said. Its not the co its the agent. It helps if allstate is more compettive than sf in thatarea but their usually close nation wide.

It all depends upon the agent. How good is he to work for? Does he do what he says? Is he experienced enough to give you good training? Are Allstates rates competitive enough to make it easier? Forget Allstate it all boils down to the agent.

Last edited:
It all depends upon the agent. How good is he to work for? Does he do what he says? Is he experienced enough to give you good training? Are Allstates rates good competitive enough to make it easier? Forget Allstate it all boils down to the agent.
That truly is what I should keep in mind. Thanks for the advice!

I ran a guy's Allstate office for almost a year and I had a great time with it. You probably want to find out how much production you'll be required to do vs them simply wanting a CSR, but there are many well run Allstate offices that are a great place for someone to work.

I love this forum, I really do, but sometimes it just has some misleading information and the trash that Allstate has cut on here is in some ways deserved, but they're not a bad company to be doing business with. Yes, you won't be working for them per se, but you'll very much be in business with them. When I had issues and had to call mother Allstate I was always taken care of, treated with respect, and my problems were fixed.

If you're looking for a nice little job with steady pay, this might be a great fit for you.

I received a job offer from Allstate today which I'm happy about, but I need a little help making sure I understand the pay schedule. If I'm understanding right, it's $10/hr + commission and the % of comm. is dependent upon premium amount. The office manager emailed me this:

Stipend of $10.00 an hour with a commission schedule of 10% up 20k/month (If you make less than 20K you will get 4% comm) 11% 21k to 30k back to dollar one 12% 31k to 40k back to dollar one and 15% for anything over 40k back to dollar one. You must understand that this is a three year deal and will be revised after that time depending on their productivity and work ethic. Also the stipend is included in the commission schedule not in addition to it. So if someone writes 28k in premium their commision would be $3080.00 for the month but we already paid them $1440 so their ck would be $1640 which will be paid in the middle of the next month when the agency is paid by Allstate usually the 17th-20th.

Have you compared them with SF or anyone else in your area?
I worked for SF previously. The agent I worked for was trash and we had constant problems with underwriting. Not too many other options in my area and the hourly rate is needed. I can't sustain a 100% commission job.

Back