Salvage Total Loss Title-auto Insurance

kjvisser

In 2010, I had an accident and took a total loss on a car with 40,000 miles. I have never paid much attention to car insurance premium. The car has 55,000 miles in 2013, it is paid off. I need to renew my premium. The question is for me to have comprehensive or collision on the car. I have a 1000 deductible. I spoke to the call center Geico agent. I had to have the car inspected after the repairs were done. I put the 2003 Ford Focus and 55000 mileage in kelly blue book and the lowest value for the car is 4000.00. I received about 4500-5000 for the car from Geico in 2010. I want to keep the car because of the low mileage. I do not have a house but have retirement assets and I have kept the North Carolina State minimum 30K/60K bodily injury and liability. property damage 25K,uninsured motorist bodily injury 30/60 and uninsured property 25k. I have the most collision/comprehensive deductible 1000.00, I do not make a lot of money I am attempting to put some $$ away for retirement(mid 50's) but I have read it is recommended to have 100/300K bodily injury, 100K property. I do not have a house. I rent an apartment. I have retirement 401K savings. I do not have an umbrella policy. What is a reasonable amount of liability coverage. I have asked for quotes from nationwide, direct-auto(regional) they will only give me liability coverage because I have a salvaged total loss title. Any and all common sense guidance is appreciated. Is there any where a video on how to purchase automobile insurance from a professional association. Any links to a video or consumer education on auto insurance is appreciated. Thanks

kjvisser said:
In 2010, I had an accident and took a total loss on a car with 40,000 miles. I have never paid much attention to car insurance premium. The car has 55,000 miles in 2013, it is paid off. I need to renew my premium. The question is for me to have comprehensive or collision on the car. I have a 1000 deductible. I spoke to the call center Geico agent. I had to have the car inspected after the repairs were done. I put the 2003 Ford Focus and 55000 mileage in kelly blue book and the lowest value for the car is 4000.00. I received about 4500-5000 for the car from Geico in 2010. I want to keep the car because of the low mileage. I do not have a house but have retirement assets and I have kept the North Carolina State minimum 30K/60K bodily injury and liability. property damage 25K,uninsured motorist bodily injury 30/60 and uninsured property 25k. I have the most collision/comprehensive deductible 1000.00, I do not make a lot of money I am attempting to put some $$ away for retirement(mid 50's) but I have read it is recommended to have 100/300K bodily injury, 100K property. I do not have a house. I rent an apartment. I have retirement 401K savings. I do not have an umbrella policy. What is a reasonable amount of liability coverage. I have asked for quotes from nationwide, direct-auto(regional) they will only give me liability coverage because I have a salvaged total loss title. Any and all common sense guidance is appreciated. Is there any where a video on how to purchase automobile insurance from a professional association. Any links to a video or consumer education on auto insurance is appreciated. Thanks

My advice s to talk to an independent local agent who represents multiple carriers.

Back