SBLI?

I never start an app without all the info in front of me.

Why would you ever do an app without having their banking info?

I never asked for banking info before that part of app in any sales not med supp or pre obama heath ins or any other sales?

seems like it would be to early to take , matter of fact I do remember there was a carrier that asked for billing before health questions med sup at one point or another and I remember running into issues, was better to ask med questions in app and before asking billing

Cica will be much tougher starting on Thursday as they run rx checks and I’m willing to bet many dropped to graded now . Also there changing the telesales app were you have to call a # and get a recording . I wrote like 26 cica last 2 months. You running facebook leads ? You running your own?

yea Facebook I have someone setting up ads now
but for the moment I bought leads

I never asked for banking info before that part of app in any sales not med supp or pre obama heath ins or any other sales?

seems like it would be to early to take , matter of fact I do remember there was a carrier that asked for billing before health questions med sup at one point or another and I remember running into issues, was better to ask med questions in app and before asking billing
It's a not a sale until you have all the info. I'm not starting a paper app, an eApp or a phone interview without all of their info in front of me.

Nor will I start an application without any info that a particular company needs. If I'm doing CICA I won't start without having their Dr name and bene birthdates. If Trans I won't start without having bene birthdates. I'm not seeking info once the app is started. The app is company decision time. Not prospect decision time.

It's a not a sale until you have all the info. I'm not starting a paper app, an eApp or a phone interview without all of their info in front of me.

Nor will I start an application without any info that a particular company needs. If I'm doing CICA I won't start without having their Dr name and bene birthdates. If Trans I won't start without having bene birthdates. I'm not seeking info once the app is started. The app is company decision time. Not prospect decision time.

I get it but you are a face to face guy

Though I would find it strange, and red flags, if some sales person came to my house wanted banking or SS info without having an app open, but I guess seniors don't know better

To me seems like over the phone the time and taking info and keeping them on the phone moving all that info around so many times

Will be harder to keep them on the phone

I know I dont like being on the phone while other are tying info all over the place

trying to keep the process more smooth

Also it adds more time, why would I add so much time to the call

That would be an additional 15 minuets to an already 40 to 60 min call

It will be interesting to see how much Cica’s underwriting changes come Thursday .Based on getting present treatment they legitimately take a ton of ailments . But there going to be using rx combo intuitive underwriting . Im sure it will knock some of those apps that would be approved on questions only to graded . It’s been a fun no stress ride for near a yr but we knew zero underwriting couldn’t last . Also I’ve had an issue with Cica’s app since basically day 1 . Maybe you’ve heard others talk of it . I use an iPad . When I get to the payment area . I fill it all out . This is for etf . When I hit submit it says there’s errors like on the account info or country . The info’s correct but it won’t let me submit . I have to go home and submit it on my widows desktop . I have no issue with that . Have you heard of this issue from any other agents ?

It will be interesting to see how much Cica’s underwriting changes come Thursday .Based on getting present treatment they legitimately take a ton of ailments . But there going to be using rx combo intuitive underwriting . Im sure it will knock some of those apps that would be approved on questions only to graded . It’s been a fun no stress ride for near a yr but we knew zero underwriting couldn’t last . Also I’ve had an issue with Cica’s app since basically day 1 . Maybe you’ve heard others talk of it . I use an iPad . When I get to the payment area . I fill it all out . This is for etf . When I hit submit it says there’s errors like on the account info or country . The info’s correct but it won’t let me submit . I have to go home and submit it on my widows desktop . I have no issue with that . Have you heard of this issue from any other agents ?
I've heard of some issues with the payment screen but I've never had any unless I entered a number wrong. Then it lets me know right then and I can re enter.

I use an SP in the field. Not a gameboy.

As for CICA changes, I haven't spent one minute worrying about it and won't. It will be whatever it is. If they won't work for my prospect after thursday then I will use whomever will.

Last edited:
I get it but you are a face to face guy

Though I would find it strange, and red flags, if some sales person came to my house wanted banking or SS info without having an app open, but I guess seniors don't know better

To me seems like over the phone the time and taking info and keeping them on the phone moving all that info around so many times

Will be harder to keep them on the phone

I know I dont like being on the phone while other are tying info all over the place

trying to keep the process more smooth

Also it adds more time, why would I add so much time to the call

That would be an additional 15 minuets to an already 40 to 60 min call
I've only written around 7000 life apps. I can only share my personal experience. If your way works better for you then keep doing your way.

As for phone sales, I tell everyone I talk to to never give their info to a stranger on the phone.

And medicare is completely different. Everyone wants to talk about their medicare and everyone wants help with medicare.

No one wants to talk about dying.

I've only written around 7000 life apps. I can only share my personal experience. If your way works better for you then keep doing your way.

As for phone sales, I tell everyone I talk to to never give their info to a stranger on the phone.

And medicare is completely different. Everyone wants to talk about their medicare and everyone wants help with medicare.

No one wants to talk about dying.

except everyone does, everyone buys something over the phone or a website, at some time

most people don't go place to place to shop car ins , home ins

when you sell you home you Real-estate agent gives you a number to call someone for a mortgage

the whole I don't do anything over the phone is just a fake objection
That most of the time is easy to overcome or at least peal to a real objection

except everyone does, everyone buys something over the phone or a website, at some time

most people don't go place to place to shop car ins , home ins

when you sell you home you Real-estate agent gives you a number to call someone for a mortgage

the whole I don't do anything over the phone is just a fake objection
That most of the time is easy to overcome or at least peal to a real objection
Except that's not what I said. I said never give your info to a stranger on the phone.

I do business on the phone all the time. With calls I initiate.

There is absolutely no reason to buy life insurance over the phone. And in most cases they will pay more if they do.

But I wish FE telesales agents the best. There's nothing better than going into a home where they have bought something by phone. It's hunting a baited field.

Much better even than finding LH, Bankers or OA. In 20 plus years the only phone sold policies I haven't been able to replace was simply because their health had changed since they bought it.

I'm really curious how CICA apps are going to work after this week. Will the UW decisions be instant, will they be rock solid or can they change later? And since they take all kinds of conditions that are KOs for most carriers, wouldn't running the script check just confirm the person is being treated for a condition they take? Since there are very few conditions they don't take, seems to me they'd just be looking for meds that treat those conditions and then kick it to GI. I guess I'd better dust off that GTL app on my iPad.

Back