Scott & White Health Plan Will No Longer Offer Individual and Family Plans

STIBROKER

Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,,
Texas
https://swhp.org/en-us/news-and-information

Effective in 2017, we will exit the federal health care Marketplace and refine our off-Marketplace plans to reflect the changing market. Scott and White Health Plan (SWHP) will continue to offer selected bronze off-Marketplace HMO individual and family plans, and the Insurance Company of Scott and White (ICSW) will offer selected bronze off-Marketplace PPO plans. Gold, silver and selected bronze benefit plans will no longer be available through SWHP or ICSW. Additional details on plan offerings will be available during Open Enrollment.

is Scott & White a relatively important and large Health insurer there in Texas? I see that name quite often here in the forums.

Oscar seems to be having problems in TX too.
Doubt they will pull out with all that seed money (Other people's money to lose).
Hopefully won't cut agents to improve numbers because of OPM.
I love OPM. Especially tax payer money. Politician beg 4 OPM. APTC = OPM....

Insurance startup Oscar posts ACA losses in 3 states | BenefitsPro

Oscar’s investors include the venture capital firm Founders Fund, Google Ventures and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. In February, the company was said to have been valued at $2.7 billion in a funding round, in which it raised $400 million.

I love Oscar's concept. Get big funding from major venture capital firms & banks, then go into a self-destructing industry claiming to be "different" (when in fact you are just naive), and don't back out when you are losing Other People's Money. Brilliant.

Too bad the Oscar folks didn't get into green energy. Solar, wind and stuff. Now THAT is where the big bucks are.

Too bad that they didn't use TX lawyer who could have told them that renting a hospital group doesn't include the docs in TX.....

Good charts, good maps, and for goodness sake.............why the delay in sharing with everyone? I thought they were whispering good things to agents recently. Still play, still pay, etc.

The announcement follows Aetna's decision to stop selling plans on the marketplace announced Tuesday. Scott & White Health said the decision was made before they became aware of United Health Care and Aetna's decisions.

Scott & White to drop Obamacare plans in 2017 | Dallas Morning News

Ya Its bad but what are the other alternatives. Can somebody suggests?

Blue, blue and more blue.

Houston Chronicle is reporting that Cigna is pulling out, too, but I'm not a subscriber, so I can't post a link.

There are other options (Ambetter, Community) in Houston and Oscar is still in SA.

Back