Search and Save Provider Filter

Todd N

Good Day Agents.

I'm been using search and save for med research primary over the past going on two years. It's nice to have meds saved and such. I have decided to use it more for MAPD search this year due to the "new and improved" provider filter tool. Well, so far three weeks into AEP, I'm not impressed.

I can't tell you the number of times I've had S&S said a provider wasn't in-network, only to double check with the insurance company's website and found the provider in three minutes. What gives? I understand it's not always easy to compile a huge list like this, but when I find mistakes over and over and over again, I can't trust the system.

What about you guys? Same issues? Should I be doing something more to narrow results? Address maybe?

On brighter note, the PDP side of it works good and I'm happy with the results with it most of the time.

Thanks.

Good Day Agents.

I'm been using search and save for med research primary over the past going on two years. It's nice to have meds saved and such. I have decided to use it more for MAPD search this year due to the "new and improved" provider filter tool. Well, so far three weeks into AEP, I'm not impressed.

I can't tell you the number of times I've had S&S said a provider wasn't in-network, only to double check with the insurance company's website and found the provider in three minutes. What gives? I understand it's not always easy to compile a huge list like this, but when I find mistakes over and over and over again, I can't trust the system.

What about you guys? Same issues? Should I be doing something more to narrow results? Address maybe?

On brighter note, the PDP side of it works good and I'm happy with the results with it most of the time.

Thanks.

I don’t use the filter, I use the doctor search. I have yet to see it wrong yet this AEP.

I don’t use the filter, I use the doctor search. I have yet to see it wrong yet this AEP.
Just today, I've had several client's doctors fail to find one of their doctors "in-network" with certain companies. It forces you to put a doctor's name in, so it's pretty much full-proof, you can't screwing it up. I will keep trying the doctor search more than the filter. Hopefully I'll notice better results moving forward, but today, I've tried both when the filter failed and it populated the same incorrect information. Maybe the insurance company is incorrect? A possibility or no?

Just today, I've had several client's doctors fail to find one of their doctors "in-network" with certain companies. It forces you to put a doctor's name in, so it's pretty much full-proof, you can't screwing it up. I will keep trying the doctor search more than the filter. Hopefully I'll notice better results moving forward, but today, I've tried both when the filter failed and it populated the same incorrect information. Maybe the insurance company is incorrect? A possibility or no?

What’s the company? They don’t show all companies. For instance, in FL they will populate Careplus plans, but for whatever reason, Careplus will not show accepting any doctors.

Honestly, it's all over the map. I'm in SC. It could just be my area. A few times it's been BCBS, UHC, Humana and Wellcare. I've had a few times with Aetna where I had to reach out to Aetna reps and ask about a doctor because their own finder will not list a doctor because he isn't accepting patients. It's crazy. Researching the network shouldn't be this big of a task. A few times it's been BCBS, UHC, Humana and Wellcare. I don't mind the Wellcare because they're dead to me.

Back