SEC says FIA's are securities!!

Oh....how wrong you are. And you're only wrong due to your strong ethical code. You're so ethical that you can't imagine in a million years any agent slamming a senior into an annuity just to get a commission.

An unethical agent looking at a $25,000 annuity commission isn't driven by that commission? Yeah....right.

Money makes good people do bad things.....especially when you're in a financial crunch.

By your post, I can also tell that you're very financially stable. Please do know that there are agents out there with a tow truck looking for their car.

I have a friend that makes about $150,000 a year selling industrial parts and equipment. He is strictly salary, company car etc. His competitors are also salaried sales people. He has given me plenty of examples of his competition lying and cheating to get the business.

No commission doesn't make you unethical. Greed maybe but not commission.

I agree that there are unethical agents. Sometimes I think there are far too many unethical agents. Why is that? Maybe because it is far too easy to get into the insurance business.

Sorry for any typos...I can't find my glasses!!!!!!

QUOTE=healthagent;79035]Oh....how wrong you are. And you're only wrong due to your strong ethical code. You're so ethical that you can't imagine in a million years any agent slamming a senior into an annuity just to get a commission.

An unethical agent looking at a $25,000 annuity commission isn't driven by that commission? Yeah....right.

Money makes good people do bad things.....especially when you're in a financial crunch.

By your post, I can also tell that you're very financially stable. Please do know that there are agents out there with a tow truck looking for their car.[/QUOTE]

Lol.

It's far too easy to get into the insurance biz and the tone is set by the fact that you can get a license out of the bottom of a Cracker Jacks box.

The tone is further set by carriers allowing FMO/IMO/MGA to use unethical training methods (which the carrriers know full well) and it becomes "don't ask don't tell."

I've not been involved in this thread for a couple of reasons:

1) Nobody to insult and
2) I don't sell annuities

But, it seems that you could replaced the term "annuity sales" with "MA sales" and have just about the same discussion.

Rick

Latest posts

Back