Seeking Training for Annuity Sales

Hi All,

I'm just looking to learn Annuity Sales in Florida.

Does anybody have a good group for beginners that they could recommend for me?

Thanks in advance

GM I came from banking to insurance. . . and went from people bringing me deals to having to chase down clients.

Three years into it and it is still a steep learning curve. I am just now getting consistent clients, and the kids college fund it GONE.

If I had to do it over again, I would find a mentor, and seasoned professional that would take me under his wing. Allow him or her to sign you under them so that they can get a piece of your business and then shut up and listen. . . learn, and execute.

No IMO is going to give you what you need. When they see you as a noob, they will stop paying attention after they get you in and focus on their earners.

I ALSO would never join up with WFG or PHP, or any other clownshows or go captive for that matter.

Annuity sales are both an art and a science.

So again, word to the wise, find a mentor!

GM I came from banking to insurance. . . and went from people bringing me deals to having to chase down clients.

Three years into it and it is still a steep learning curve. I am just now getting consistent clients, and the kids college fund it GONE.

If I had to do it over again, I would find a mentor, and seasoned professional that would take me under his wing. Allow him or her to sign you under them so that they can get a piece of your business and then shut up and listen. . . learn, and execute.

No IMO is going to give you what you need. When they see you as a noob, they will stop paying attention after they get you in and focus on their earners.

I ALSO would never join up with WFG or PHP, or any other clownshows or go captive for that matter.

I'm very grateful for everyone's input.

If anybody would be so kind as to direct me to a good mentor and pass this message along:

Dear future mentor,

I'd be happy to travel any place in the country and train if you could teach me how to bring in 6 figures.

Also, I could pay for my own leads!

I'd pay for licensing and sell in several states.

(whatever it takes)

-GM

p.s. What do y'all think are some realistic income expectations?

I think Megastars is in Fla. I've never used them yet they continue to call me quite frequently regarding a seminar system they use for Public Emps. I think it's territory protected. They mention training, but of course they're a FMO too. Who knows, might work.

Years ago Tarkenton Financial in Atlanta had classroom type training to cover the basics. I don't know if they still do but worth a look.

As in Fran Tarkenton?

----------

So how does one find a mentor other than a wide spread google search?

----------

Have you thought of doing FE sales for immediate $$ to offset the downturns w/ Ann?

So how does one find a mentor other than a wide spread google search?

Have you thought of doing FE sales for immediate $$ to offset the downturns w/ Ann?

Brother, Norton has already reached out to you. Get in touch with him. Also, you can find mentors by attending seminars and conventions. Sell yourself and show hutzpah that you are willing to learn.

As for FE sales. . . uh no! The folks that would buy FE, have no money to invest in assets under management nor rollovers to annuities.

Find your specialization and dig your heels in.

Maad gud luck!

I'm looking into the annuity mentor angle, but actually being the mentor, see my recent post. I have a proven track record and would love to work more with hungry agents than some clients these days, and I'm working on shifting a lot of my focus in this direction. I'm in S Florida, so it's a saturated market, but there is still a ton of business here. I'm happy to help anyone who wants to listen.

An IMO can give you what you need in terms of training, you just have to find the right one. The big ones Advisors Excel, Shurwest, Medallion,.... if you aren't doing $5million + a year they shut you out. I work with an IMO that has helped me out a ton.

find a good IMO that is willing to put a good agent to guide you. I received A-Z training, 100%-120% comps life/ 7% Annuities to start and fresh set of leads to start off .

Back