Seeking Wisdom :)

Grammy Lor

Hi All!

Not really new here, had another account from years ago that I forgot the login info for, but I was really just a lurker anyway :)

Question... If you could start all over, whats one thing that you wish you would have known?

Thanks!!!

If this is the wrong place to post, apology in advance!

Hi All!

Not really new here, had another account from years ago that I forgot the login info for, but I was really just a lurker anyway :)

Question... If you could start all over, whats one thing that you wish you would have known?

Thanks!!!

If this is the wrong place to post, apology in advance!
Wish I had known I would be around this long... :yes: Would
not have wasted so much of my youth and took better care of myself.. :)

I can certainly relate to that, ditto! lol How about in regard to your insurance career? Any sage advice?

I can certainly relate to that, ditto! lol How about in regard to your insurance career? Any sage advice?
Not sage advice but a personal observation. I would have focused on cancer insurance (or some other product with high lifetime renewals) ... Wide customer base, simple, easy to understand product, good first year commission, high persistency with life time renewals.. Some folks don't believe in it but I have always thought it had value, even more so now that I am a cancer survivor.

Well very glad to have you in the survivor category! :) Thank you, I actually have a cancer policy that thankfully I have not (hopefully never will) cashed in on.

I was an agent off and on over the years to kinda fill in when I needed a job. I was never able to keep it as a full time job due to raising kids and building another business, but Ive always been a big believer in it. My dad was an old debit guy and regional manager when I was a kid.

Now that the kids are raised and the business doesn't require as much of my time, I thought Id see what the market is like. I still have my life license and pc, never let them lapse.

Thanks for your advice... its appreciated!!!

Well very glad to have you in the survivor category! :) Thank you, I actually have a cancer policy that thankfully I have not (hopefully never will) cashed in on.

I was an agent off and on over the years to kinda fill in when I needed a job. I was never able to keep it as a full time job due to raising kids and building another business, but Ive always been a big believer in it. My dad was an old debit guy and regional manager when I was a kid.

Now that the kids are raised and the business doesn't require as much of my time, I thought Id see what the market is like. I still have my life license and pc, never let them lapse.

Thanks for your advice... its appreciated!!!
What company was you dad with?

Well like most agents, he was with a couple.. :) but the one he spent the most time with was Western & Southern. He was a staff manager there.
I actually worked there too many years after he left. I was an odd ball that really enjoyed the people aspect of the debit. Knowing and working a book.

Well like most agents, he was with a couple.. :) but the one he spent the most time with was Western & Southern. He was a staff manager there.
I actually worked there too many years after he left. I was an odd ball that really enjoyed the people aspect of the debit. Knowing and working a book.
I started with National Life and Accident on a debit.. Made a mistake and took a staff.. Ended up going independent..

You've done it all then? :) How did you like independent? I assume you did or you would have gone back to a debit?

You've done it all then? :) How did you like independent? I assume you did or you would have gone back to a debit?
Remained Independent until I was 60 years old. Lost my health insurance and had had 5 heart attacks and a quad by pass. Went back to AGLA for 5 years just to get insurance. "Retired" and went back as an Indy as soon as I became eligible for Medicare. I'm not much for having someone checking my shirt collar all the time..

Back