Selling 100 plans in AEP

Mister Mitch unfortunately it’s not happening . I know zero agents nor have heard of any that work high vol med sup leads . The problem is the people that have med sups tend to be higher income and don’t answer ads . Your correct in that mapd low income has become a mass switching game. That’s what call centers target . Take it from a guy that’s mastered the low income mkt . You have zero and I repeat zero chance of being successful in that mkt unless your face to face and can save the disenrollments in person .

We work high volume Med supp leads all year long, and I know a few others who do as well. However, you don't know me, so your statement is correct. I'm also now an agency owner and sell very rarely if ever, but was once an agent generating my own Med Supp leads and selling deals all day long, all by my lonesome.

That being said, I do agree with you. It's very unlikely that a single agent would be able to generate enough to do so (though possible). It's expensive to generate them and massively time-consuming. At least organically. You could always go after FB ads and learn the process to compete over there. I don't.

With proper targeted marketing, and a lot of it, it can be done and is being done. I wouldn't waste a dime on trying to buy a "Med supp lead", and I generate them. You'll go broke. Either they'll sell you the lead at an affordable price, and you and 20 other people who bought it can fight for scraps, or you'll have to go big and bet big with the Biggest of big boys out there. Big as in over $100 a lead, and yes they'll take as many as they can get.

Why would I bother selling to single agents who want leads on Monday, Wed, and Friday morning only, a max of 6 per day, and they want to return every other one when a call center that has a blank checkbook and is licensed in all 50 states is complaining that they can't get enough? Well, the same goes for the guy who's allegedly selling quality leads at $40 or less each. Either he's as dumb as a bag of hammers, or you're being conned.

There just aren't a lot of great solutions for the little guy these days for Med Supp only. I miss the good ole days before Obamacare came in and everyone ran to Medicare.[/QUOTE]

We work high volume Med supp leads all year long, and I know a few others who do as well. However, you don't know me, so your statement is correct. I'm also now an agency owner and sell very rarely if ever, but was once an agent generating my own Med Supp leads and selling deals all day long, all by my lonesome.

That being said, I do agree with you. It's very unlikely that a single agent would be able to generate enough to do so (though possible). It's expensive to generate them and massively time-consuming. At least organically. You could always go after FB ads and learn the process to compete over there. I don't.

With proper targeted marketing, and a lot of it, it can be done and is being done. I wouldn't waste a dime on trying to buy a "Med supp lead", and I generate them. You'll go broke. Either they'll sell you the lead at an affordable price, and you and 20 other people who bought it can fight for scraps, or you'll have to go big and bet big with the Biggest of big boys out there. Big as in over $100 a lead, and yes they'll take as many as they can get.

Why would I bother selling to single agents who want leads on Monday, Wed, and Friday morning only, a max of 6 per day, and they want to return every other one when a call center that has a blank checkbook and is licensed in all 50 states is complaining that they can't get enough? Well, the same goes for the guy who's allegedly selling quality leads at $40 or less each. Either he's as dumb as a bag of hammers, or you're being conned.

There just aren't a lot of great solutions for the little guy these days for Med Supp only. I miss the good ole days before Obamacare came in and everyone ran to Medicare.
[/QUOTE]

In the old days guys like Westphal were all using Phillipino telemarketers to generate med sup leads . I just see very little talk on the biggest face groups talking about med sup leads . So what you’re saying is these mostly middle income people are responding to target marketed med sup ads? Whats the avg cost to generate a lead nation wide? So it comes down to the same situation as working fe tv leads . An individual agent can’t afford them . You need big scale to get them at a resonable price .

If you want to sell 100 plans in AEP, you have 36 business days, 16 weekend days, and 2 holidays to reach your goal. Given this goal and the available time, you’ll need to average two sales per day. If your market area is geographically dispersed, electronic meetings (telephone or videoconference) may be preferable since you may want to eliminate as much travel time as possible.

If you represent many carriers, you should learn and practice electronic enrollment support technologies with the respective carrier platforms early. It’s important to learn their mechanisms to submit needed documents such as Permission to Contact, Scope of Appointments, Health Assessments, Applications, etc. You don't want to have clumsy technology issues with waiting customers.

If you work hard, I think this is an attainable goal. But I wouldn’t set this as a goal as a new agent. I think it’s more important that you first build trust. Be patient. Take time to uncover the full needs of your clients. Help them find the right coverage to match their lifestyle and budget. Do the best job possible for your clients. Establish yourself as a trusted advisor on Medicare in your local community. The business will surely follow.

Back