Selling 100 plans in AEP

Very little service work if you put them on the best MA in the area. I’ve had many MA clients on the same plan for 7 years or longer.

That is total hogwash bs . Plans are changing big yearly . Humana who’s had Rich plans for yrs laid an egg this yr . Humana actually dropped benefits on many plans . Deft research just came out with article this week saying switching of plans has sky rocketed the last 4 yrs . Your clients get calls they could move .

That is total hogwash bs . Plans are changing big yearly . Humana who’s had Rich plans for yrs laid an egg this yr . Humana actually dropped benefits on many plans . Deft research just came out with article this week saying switching of plans has sky rocketed the last 4 yrs . Your clients get calls they could move .

That’s area specific. Here, most plans are staying exactly the same. Except WellCare. Humana looks identical but they are adding their $164.90 part B giveback PPO throughout the whole state.

Think you better move buddy. Have had the same clients on the same MAPD for 7 years or longer. Yes, I check out the other 20 that are available yearly but this one is still the clear winner. I thank God every year Humana is not in my area.

Sounds to me from all your posts you better worry about building a little connection with your so called clients. Only ones I lose are the ones that pass away every year.

Instead of focusing on "100 in AEP", its a heck of lot easier to focus on "10 a month". And for the ones you meet with during AEP but don't get, its important to remember to say "I am not allowed to reach out between January and April 1, but if you have any problems, PLEASE email me immediately. And with your permission, I would like to add you to my check in email list that goes out every September".

Its a get rich slow business.

Find a marketing vertical that allows you to acquire clients at a CPA you can afford. Then put the hammer down on that one vertical all year long, not just AEP. In your off-hours of selling, try finding a backup marketing vertical that does the same, if/when your first vertical CPA gets too expensive. Do this enough and you can literally create your own winning, predictable, slot machine.

Find a marketing vertical that allows you to acquire clients at a CPA you can afford. Then put the hammer down on that one vertical all year long, not just AEP. In your off-hours of selling, try finding a backup marketing vertical that does the same, if/when your first vertical CPA gets too expensive. Do this enough and you can literally create your own winning, predictable, slot machine.

Bevo!

The OP needs to listen to this guy. Good advice as always.

This here is gold:
In your off-hours of selling, try finding a backup marketing vertical that does the same, if/when your first vertical CPA gets too expensive.

Since MA has been around for so many years I can't imagine an agent writing 100 people new to the product. I would think the majority of your new clients already have a MA and move to you. I write very few MA and have never lost any MS clients to another agent. I hope this year will be no different.
Would love some input on working only MED SUPP leads, and where to get them... I'm a veteran MAPD call center guy, multi-state licensed, recently switched to independent... as quoted here, AEP has become a complete "switcher" game, with a few opportunities to occasionally actually "help" someone...

@mistermitch I am curious why you switched from MAPD to Medigap. There are some here (not me) who will question your sanity for going all out for Medigap. I would love to hear your side.

Would love some input on working only MED SUPP leads, and where to get them... I'm a veteran MAPD call center guy, multi-state licensed, recently switched to independent... as quoted here, AEP has become a complete "switcher" game, with a few opportunities to occasionally actually "help" someone...

Mister Mitch unfortunately it’s not happening . I know zero agents nor have heard of any that work high vol med sup leads . The problem is the people that have med sups tend to be higher income and don’t answer ads . Your correct in that mapd low income has become a mass switching game. That’s what call centers target . Take it from a guy that’s mastered the low income mkt . You have zero and I repeat zero chance of being successful in that mkt unless your face to face and can save the disenrollments in person .

I have been in this business since 1977 so I can make it by writing 4 or 5 MS a month and a few FE or term apps. Someone just starting has to target other markets and produce a lot more than I do.

Back