Selling ACA - why / why not?

Also - no damn CMS MA / MAPD regulations or Medicare rules . . . Just Click & Pay . . .

I can count on the 65 year old who needs that med supp to pay there premium every month because they go to the doctor every month verus almost every American who thinks health care should be free.

I agree on the Med Sup. We have that in our bag. Will have to work harder on that in 2019 . . .

Less work? Are you high?

The app to get a subsidy takes forever already. Not to mention the crap plan they’ll get in comparison to Medicare for much more money. Clients will be less happy.
I stopped offering ACA plans when the companies decided they didn’t want to pay us anyways.

I don’t understand why you have to keep trying to find new things to sell

Less work? Are you high?

The app to get a subsidy takes forever already. Not to mention the crap plan they’ll get in comparison to Medicare for much more money. Clients will be less happy.
I stopped offering ACA plans when the companies decided they didn’t want to pay us anyways.

I don’t understand why you have to keep trying to find new things to sell

I was just comparing the time / effort to do an ACA case vs a MA / MAPD. Only talking about <64 peeps not eligible for Medicare.

ACA takes less than 30 - 45 minutes via HealthSherpa. No Health issues to worry about. No underwriting . . .

The pay is better than MA / MAPD with 2 or more members in the house. Even just one Member is $180 a year - not bad for 30 - 45 minutes of work.

I'm doing Individual / Small Business Term & Ancillary products. Makes sense to have ACA and STM products too.

I'm actually enjoying what I do for the first time in 10 years. No Medicare, No FE, No Traveling, No lead cost, No weekends, No downlines, etc . . .

Using sherpa will take 10 min this year with direct enrollment capability. No more healthcar.gv and free.

I have average of 8-10 T65 every month because of Under 65 biz. Built in pipeline. Average $250 a ACA policy now. Same as med supp or MA.

STM qualified policy holders is a bonus

Using sherpa will take 10 min this year with direct enrollment capability. No more healthcar.gv and free.

I have average of 8-10 T65 every month because of Under 65 biz. Built in pipeline. Average $250 a ACA policy now. Same as med supp or MA.

Doesn't health sherpa only pay for certain states though?

Doesn't health sherpa only pay for certain states though?

Sherpa doesn't pay commissions - the Carriers do.

Sherpa will pay $25 for a referral that they write in case you aren't licensed in a certain State. . .

I agree. I did 4 test cases yesterday of clients that I will write come 11/1. 3 took under 30 minutes and 1 about 44 minutes.

Could be shorter if the prospects didn't ask so many unnecessary questions.

I agree on the Pipeline. Wish I didn't waste so much time over the prior years and did that.

I have some Med Sup contracts - so, maybe not to late to write referrals.

Not going to do MA - they are a PITA until they go 100% online / phone . . .

STM looks to be awesome for healthy people with money. I don't know much about that yet - but, I am picking up contracts with National General and Pivot next week.

Exicted where 2019 will lead me . . .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back