Selling FIA's

Of course I'm talking about Allianz!

100% participation and 0% spread guaranteed for the life of their contracts, multiple indexing methods, multiple indices to credit from (domestic & non-US), a diverse selection of income riders..... all with a AAA carrier.

If you want a quality car, but a Mercedes.

If you want a quality steak, eat at Ruth's Chris.

If you want a quality FIA, go to Allianz.

But those monthly cap rates sure do change. Start off around 2.8 or 3 and what are they after 3 years? Back test them at 2.2 or any number, the return s-cks, commissions are great however.

But those monthly cap rates sure do change. Start off around 2.8 or 3 and what are they after 3 years? Back test them at 2.2 or any number, the return s-cks, commissions are great however.

Blue, you sure seem like you hate the FIA's. Have you ever had a client invest in one? Using the monthly pt to pt I have had clients earn as much as 24% in one year with no fees an no down side risk. My clients love FIA's, their benefit is being proven on days like today. My experience has been the quality carriers actually raise their monthly caps over time. So the returns do not as you suggest "s-ck."

I find it hard to argue against a strategy that will grow in value when the market grows, your gains are locked in every year, when the market drops you lose nothing, if we have a prolonged period of market loses you have a guaranteed minimum return that kicks in, and if you use the right crediting methods you pay $0 in fees. How is that a bad thing for someone in retirement or close to retirement?

Matt

y experience has been the quality carriers actually raise their monthly caps over time.

What quality companies have raised the cap rates on existing policies, certainly not Allianz. I wrote my first EIA in 1999 with JN, 9 year point to point, 100% participation, no fees, policy only earned guarantee (1.9%).
Ask Allianz to give you a history on their renewal cap rates, they won't!
The advantages SEEM to make it a no brainer until you really dig into the how the markets have performed in the past.

What quality companies have raised the cap rates on existing policies, certainly not Allianz.

I have never written an Allianz FIA. I do not work with them because I do not believe in their two-tier products. I have worked with ING, Old Mutual, and Midland National.

Matt

I have never written an Allianz FIA. I do not work with them because I do not believe in their two-tier products. I have worked with ING, Old Mutual, and Midland National.

Matt

I think that EIA's have their place when proper suitability analysis has been done. However, I do not sell Allianz anymore. Their Masterdex10 was their largest seller but it is timebomb of lawsuits wating to happen. You can get into it but getting out without losing all the purported gains is another matter and clients will not fully realize it until that day comes.

I prefer American Equity in general.

Winter

Ask Allianz to give you a history on their renewal cap rates, they won't!
The advantages SEEM to make it a no brainer until you really dig into the how the markets have performed in the past.

What's up with that? It took me less than 5 minutes to get a complete cap history on their entire FIA portfolio...try picking up a phone.

Well, I had some annuity training it was basically telling us (me and the other agents there) how to get the client interested in annuities (off med supp leads) and then go in with another agent and split the deal. Then when you (the agent) get a better feel to go out and self produce.

No info on how they work. The 4 main companies they are writing are:
Americo
American Equity
Fort Deerborne
Equitrust

They are mainly going after CD's.

However, I do have a question for an annuity guru. I have a client that has a variable annuity that is now past it's surrender period. If they roll the entire amount to another annuity, would that create a taxable event?

Also, how about an annuity as a substatue for life insurance? If the client has a CD they want to pass on to their bene, and they cannot pass underwriting, would that make sense? This way the client would not have to pay taxes on the CD. Just a though I had...

Latest posts

Back