Selling Humana MAPD Over the Phone (online Enrollment)

jacobtn

Guru
1000 Post Club
OK, so if someone calls ME, and wants to enroll in Humana over the phone, do I need to do a SCOPE or can I just enroll them if they know what they want? I.E. already have the info and just want to sign up.

OK, so if someone calls ME, and wants to enroll in Humana over the phone, do I need to do a SCOPE or can I just enroll them if they know what they want? I.E. already have the info and just want to sign up.

You only need a scope for face to face. There is grey area here.

Humana does require that the applicant has an email address because they must confirm the enrollment. Very easy to do.

Rick

During my classroom training; my trainer told us that we must make face-to-face contact and it was mandatory to give the flip chart presentation. No exceptions.

Other Humana home office contacts confirmed this stupid policy. This and other reasons are why I never reached my full potential with Humana during AEP.

During my classroom training; my trainer told us that we must make face-to-face contact and it was mandatory to give the flip chart presentation. No exceptions.

Other Humana home office contacts confirmed this stupid policy. This and other reasons are why I never reached my full potential with Humana during AEP.

My classroom training was in 2005. Trainer probably off to his 5th company by now.

I do not recall anyone telling me that F2F was necessary.

Since the applicant confirms the enrollment via an email link, I can't imagine this is a requirement. And frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Rick

Exactly. The idiots at the call centers are allowed to enroll people over the phone so why can't knowledgable agents do it? As Nike says, just do it.

Exactly. The idiots at the call centers are allowed to enroll people over the phone so why can't knowledgable agents do it? As Nike says, just do it.

There is a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that there is a very specific process for taking a telephonic enrollment which includes recording the call and keeping a copy for 10 years.

Not that I'm a huge fan of call center reps, but for the most part they have more functional training and support than most agents. The indy agents that think they know everything are the ones that scare me. Let me give you a perfect example: One time there was a guy who wanted to do an over the phone enrollment and was asking for feedback, but then this other guy who I think was an MA agent as well came on and told him to just do it. If the carrier and/or CMS become aware that the agent did an enrollment over the phone without following the appropriate procedures the agent could very easily lose their ability to sell MA altogether, their renewals, and possibly (but not likely) their license.

There is a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that there is a very specific process for taking a telephonic enrollment which includes recording the call and keeping a copy for 10

what I don't understand is when an agent does a telephonic signature after the online enrollment, the entire call is recorded. so is the scope necessary? I have done them but they always say "you are agreeing to a meeting with a sales agent" which seems silly since we aren't actually meeting if the sale takes place over the phone/mail.

Back