Selling Insurance in different timezones as a side hustle?

Lol well, My thoughts were that it wasn't unrealistic to call 10-15 prospects in the mornings before work and also on weekends. Especially as I would be focusing on Medicare Supplements and the seniors are likely to be home. This might be a good way of starting I thought but also maybe farfetched? Me not knowing was the reason for asking the question.

I only work AZ and FL, but do it full time, and yes the time zone differences is an advantage. Especially during open enrollment. Sometime its 2 hrs, other times of year like now it is 3 hrs. Technically, I could work 6am to 8pm if I wanted to.

Yes, u can slowly build a book part time. Focus on med supps, obamacare and short term medical insurance plans.

Overhead is rather low. 40 clients at $20 month each should meet your break even point for all mentioned expenses above.

Your issue will be leads, it takes months to harvest prospects and reach a snow ball effect. U will want to target zip codes and match up the best carriers and products to that countybor zip.

AARP uhc med supps are king in both states. Oscar obamacare is king in orlando area and good in phoenix, national general is great in both states for stm.

All 3 are year round enrollment opportunities, especially with job losses and turning 65, or retiring people.

Spend your late nights reading up on the biz, and become a student while u learn. This forum is my best source. Many other sources out there too.

I understand and thanks/sorry for our miscommunication with one another. It is nice to hear you were at the same age when starting. I'm looking for other ways around this right now like getting a bartending job etc. to have days free but there is a little thing called COVID 19 happening right now which makes maneuvering around like this a little hard. So, doing the best I can with what I have in this moment

32, fresh divorce, child support and trying to help my mother financially. My background was construction, Education = GED and USN, I moved from am Ag area to an upper-income Bay Area suburb where the only people that looked like me were laborers. Slept on my buddy's couch for a few months until I could rent a room. I had to borrow money to buy a cheap suit.

No such thing as Cell Phones, Google, internet or GPS. Sure as hell were no forums or Facebook groups with free advice. The veteran agents in the bullpen would not share anything with a green pea. All Life Insurance was fully Underwritten, we mailed apps, we paid for all mailings, we got paid as earned, 50%. Of course Face 2 Face only. Rolls of dimes for the payphones and gas station maps.Mandatory meetings and dialing for dollars. Asking people for a monthly premium that was more than you had in the bank. Oh, and we had to collect a check for two months.

But man, oh man, that jazzed up feeling when you closed a deal. That was awesome. Or wrote a policy that the comp was more than you ever made before in a month. Making Convention the first year and getting your first awesome paid trip. It becomes like a drug.

""but there is a little thing called COVID 19 happening right""
F Covid. There are people making more today than before Covid 19. You can not catch anything over the phone.

This is an awesome career!

Correct. But while his income will go down dramatically from working part time, none of his costs will.

Thanks. that's kinda what I thought.

I could never make that level of costs plus responsibilities for customer service and recordkeeping make sense, for the few policies I thought were realistic sales for me.

Latest posts

Back