Selling Insurance in different timezones as a side hustle?

You have been given advice since April. The answer to your question is NO, you will not be successful calling East Coast during your off time because you don't know what the heck you are talking about.

So other than no, how would you suggest someone get going then? Burn all bridges don't have any income and go straight into full commission sales? Also keeping in mind the mantra of it seems most on here that you need money to get started...you need a "runway" of cash...you need X number of months of savings....What's so wrong with someone getting started part time if their stated goal is to go full time?

Somehow it's ok for the advice to be go deliver pizza or be an Uber driver while getting started in insurance sales, but it's wrong to have a steady pay check while getting started in insurance sales? That seems dense...That seems like setting someone up for failure...sure it flows right into the ride or die 10x motivational stay hungry stuff, but realistically I'd think in a profession that is concerned with numbers and taking care of expenses, that maybe someone actually trying to plan to take care of their expenses might be better than just jumping out and seeing what happens...

You have been given advice since April. The answer to your question is NO, you will not be successful calling East Coast during your off time because you don't know what the heck you are talking about.

So are you saying I have been asking this question since April? haha Or the fact that I have asked a series of different questions since April is a problem?

So other than no, how would you suggest someone get going then? Burn all bridges don't have any income and go straight into full commission sales? Also keeping in mind the mantra of it seems most on here that you need money to get started...you need a "runway" of cash...you need X number of months of savings....What's so wrong with someone getting started part time if their stated goal is to go full time?

Somehow it's ok for the advice to be go deliver pizza or be an Uber driver while getting started in insurance sales, but it's wrong to have a steady pay check while getting started in insurance sales? That seems dense...That seems like setting someone up for failure...sure it flows right into the ride or die 10x motivational stay hungry stuff, but realistically I'd think in a profession that is concerned with numbers and taking care of expenses, that maybe someone actually trying to plan to take care of their expenses might be better than just jumping out and seeing what happens...

Hey man, yes this is the question I was trying to ask in this thread but as you can see from people like @Markthebroker (the language police) basically I am headed down a path of E&O and destruction and blah blah blah.

Of course, I also want to take this seriously as possible and set my self up for success and my thoughts are that if I have licenses in other states maybe I can work around my day job a little and get up early to start making calls.

Thanks for having an understanding/cool angle on my thread

Hehe. Language police.

language_policex750.jpg

GrammarPolice_CLR-copy-1560x1729.jpg

Last edited:

And that is why I suggested nu

And that is why I suggested numerous times to go work for someone in the evenings in their call center where you or he can get experience

Hello everyone, I got my insurance license a few months back and was planning to be an agent. However, at that time I was in a transitional period and was living at my parents' house and I put insurance on the back burner for a job that had a base salary and didn't involve investing in so that I could get into an apartment.

Since putting insurance aside, I have started to consider the idea of still selling insurance but focusing on different timezones so that I can either do it in the morning, before work, or in the evening when I get off. I live in Arizona and my thoughts were that I can focus on the east coast (in the morning like 5 am-8 am) or in the evening I can maybe try selling to people in Hawaii as they are 3 hours behind me.

I am not sure if this is a viable option so that I can still dabble in insurance without needing to give up on the day job. In a perfect situation, I would obviously have my whole day free in order to focus on it but I wanted to know if someone with experience can give me thoughts on whether or not this is a decent idea or if I would be setting myself up for failure.

I am not sure if this added info will help but I would be selling medigap/medicare avantage and if it is not obvious yet, it would be online.

Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated.
I think everyone is being aggressive toward you, Because insurance isn't really a part time gig like being a Realtor is. Most agencies won't even take you if you mention your gonna side gig it as you're a waste of resources. Assuming you're gonna do telesales and your not available a majority of the day your just throwing your own money out of the window with leads. Even if you were to get in with a remote call center you'd still have to commit to 4+ hours a day to make any money.

Everybody on this forum see's selling insurance as a FT business, because it is the faster you realize that the faster you will know if it's for you or not.

I think everyone is being aggressive toward you, Because insurance isn't really a part time gig like being a Realtor is. Most agencies won't even take you if you mention your gonna side gig it as you're a waste of resources. Assuming you're gonna do telesales and your not available a majority of the day your just throwing your own money out of the window with leads. Even if you were to get in with a remote call center you'd still have to commit to 4+ hours a day to make any money.

Well, it's also because we are old grumpy old douches engaged in some sort of a circle jerk, too. At 39yrs old, I am apparently one of the grumpy old men.

Getting back to the original question

• Yes you can sell insurance part time, but its difficult to make it profitable this way.
  • Selling in different times zones would typically require more state licenses which will also cost more money.
  • Insurance production is far harder than most jobs. It takes years to get up and running and the vast majority of agents and agencies fail. [In fact this forum is filled with threads from new agents that fell dark.]
  • E&O expenses are very high when you start off.
  • Typically the best place to start is to learn on someone else's time and dime.
I wish you the best of luck. There is a solid amount of information already present on this forum, so you might consider perusing.

Back