Selling LTC Online: Whats Needed?

I am a technologically impaired 73 year old senior citizen on social security. What do you have to tell me or show me, that affects my buying decision for your product; that justifies, or requires, you to spend your time struggling with interfacing our computers?

What I say that affects a buying decision is unique for each situation. Not knowing much about your situation but from financial standpoint Long Term Care insurance may or may not be financially suitable for you.

I'll take my dad for example. He has a cognitive impairment. He spent 6 years off and on caring for his dad. Unique situation where he lived close and was retired too. Along with his sister and grandfathers wife. It was stressful to say the least. My grandfathers wife could not do the heavy lifting.

The decision was obvious to my dad that he should consider long term care insurance. This was prior to his cognitive impairment. Not to mention I was telling him about it too.

The same with my grandfathers wife. She had already had her policy for a long time. She is in an assisted living facility now. Her daughter is very smart and encouraged her as well.

What I say that affects a buying decision is unique for each situation. Not knowing much about your situation but from financial standpoint Long Term Care insurance may or may not be financially suitable for you.

I'll take my dad for example. He has a cognitive impairment. He spent 6 years off and on caring for his dad. Unique situation where he lived close and was retired too. Along with his sister and grandfathers wife. It was stressful to say the least. My grandfathers wife could not do the heavy lifting.

The decision was obvious to my dad that he should consider long term care insurance. This was prior to his cognitive impairment. Not to mention I was telling him about it too.

The same with my grandfathers wife. She had already had her policy for a long time. She is in an assisted living facility now. Her daughter is very smart and encouraged her as well.

If someone can easily qualify for Medicaid, then they should not own long-term care insurance. Everyone else should look into it.

Thank you for the generosity of your response.

I was trying to say, by asking a question, that I didn't think you needed to be too concerned about screensharing capability in your selling process. I appreciate the concern which you expressed by talking about your personal situation.

My wife is helping an aunt who has cognitive issues. It is emotionally and physically demanding and the personal interaction problems are emotionally wearing.

(Most of balance of comments edited out.)

Thinking on your comments helped me in formulating the framework I need to consider for my situation. Thank you.

LD

Last edited:
I can assure you, all our top LTC lead buyers are selling across the country over the phone for many years. We do not know how they do it, but they do the 'magic'. You can meet some of them at the upcoming LTCi conference - we know them over 7 years, and I am sure they will help you unconditionally. If you have challenge connecting with them, let me know. By the way, my help is also unconditional, and we are agency agnostic.

Monti
214-383-2101

I have always been a face to face guy.

So, what is needed to sell online? (software, technology, techniques, etc.)

I have been hearing a screen share software is needed, where would you get that?

Most of the companies require a "wet" signature. So most companies are not set up for efficient online sales yet, or am I missing something?

If you would prefer to e-mail direct, that is fine too.

Thanks!

I can assure you, all our top LTC lead buyers are selling across the country over the phone for many years. We do not know how they do it, but they do the 'magic'. You can meet some of them at the upcoming LTCi conference - we know them over 7 years, and I am sure they will help you unconditionally. If you have challenge connecting with them, let me know.

I won't be able to be in Vegas in March at that time. Sounds interesting though.

99% of insurance agents think that price is not an issue. They think that if they are good enough at "selling" then the consumer will pay whatever the price is.

That's why insurance agents and used car salesmen are disliked equally.

Quality agents, like Jack and me and a few others, use a consultative approach to LTCi.

Using that approach means that I can sleep at night knowing I've done what was best for the client while still being able to support my family. It also means that I can be in this business and still be at peace with my Maker.

Here's a perfect example of an insurance agent being totally oblivious to price. He tried to get a 69-year old man to spend $80,000 for a "long term care policy" that had $200,000 of benefits. We got him a better (and more suitable) policy for $190 per month.

Of course that agent would have been able to take his wife to Tahiti on the commission on the $80,000 premium. I got to take my wife to the Olive Garden on my commission on the $190 premium.

Here's the link:

NEVER* Combine Long-Term Care Insurance with Life Insurance (Part 1) - LTCShop.com

I am glad you posted the link because I knew I had read the story somewhere, wanted to see it again and was unable to find it.

It seems to me like the policy holder accepted some risk with the monthly payment that was not present with the single payment. I can't figure out how to think about that.

What would the 69 year old have had to pay for a single premium $200K whole life policy? Just a participating whole life policy?

Back