Selling MA-only plans to VA, TriCare and TriCare for Life Clients

Even though I'm a disabled vet and get all of my care through the VA (with $8 prescriptions if needed), and don't pay anything other than the prescriptions, I think there may be some VA vets that have some sort of copays or something. Maybe they are not really considered disabled or whatever.

So, in my situation, it would be foolish for me to pick up any insurance plan if I want to continue to get all of my care at the VA. Now, if I want to go outside of the VA, then it would probably make sense. Of course, the VA now has programs where you can get care outside of the VA, so that may throw in some more monkey wrenches in there.

I also a disabled Vet and I have MAPD my prescriptions are zero but I take dirt cheap ones. The outside programs (choice) aren't working in many areas, doctor's have to agree to take them and just not many willing to wait months for reimbursement from VA. I don't anywhere (there may be) in the U.S. you can get up sick this morning and get into the VA whereas I can with my doc.

I also a disabled Vet and I have MAPD my prescriptions are zero but I take dirt cheap ones. The outside programs (choice) aren't working in many areas, doctor's have to agree to take them and just not many willing to wait months for reimbursement from VA. I don't anywhere (there may be) in the U.S. you can get up sick this morning and get into the VA whereas I can with my doc.

It's called Quick Care. Your VA facility probably has it.

The VA clients that I have, on MA only, seem to really like it, and have encouraged others to do the same . They were inbound calls, however, I don't think there's anything wrong with pursuing it. I do agree with Chazm about Tricare, if they have that, I don't take the discussion any further.

Met with a 97 year old WWII vet yesterday. He moved here to live with his daughter. He came from south FL and had a rich HMO that spoiled him. No premium and little if any copays.

The daughter wants him to buy a MS. He refuses. Said he would just go to the VA. I suggested a PPO MA. The man might be 97, but he is still very active, drives and did live alone. I don't think he is adjusting well because he was telling the daughter and SIL how things were going to be even though he is a guest in their home.

Back