Selling Med Supps by Phone

finalexpenseguru

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
You guys that sell these over the phone, do you mail them the outline of coverage and buyers guide by mail each time or do you tried to email these documents to them prior to taking the application?

You guys that sell these over the phone, do you mail them the outline of coverage and buyers guide by mail each time or do you tried to email these documents to them prior to taking the application?

It's almost always by email for me.

It depends on the client, sometimes you can just tell it'll be better to mail it to them if they're not good on the computer... Be prepared to do both.

I always ask, "Do you have email?" If they say yes I then ask "Do you have email that you use?"

I will send them what I need to by email or mail. It's worth $2.00 in postage to make a sale.

Rick

$2.00?? Like which post office charges that low...I just mailed out a packet and it was more like $6.00/priority mail.

Curious - Those times we send the documents by snail mail - do you send "Return Receipt Requested" for proof of delivery, or simply note on the account that the docs were mailed?

Curious - Those times we send the documents by snail mail - do you send "Return Receipt Requested" for proof of delivery, or simply note on the account that the docs were mailed?

I have an excell spreadsheet that I use to track the prospect status, I.E. "Mail app, mailed app, emailed app, app recieved, app submited etc...If you want tracking you'll need to pay for priority mail. I use the flat rate envelopes and print postage using my stamps.com account. Otherwise, if Im mailing with in the state, I use first class postage and follow up in 3 days to confirm they recieved it. Maybe 1 in 100 get lost and never show up.

Back