One more thing...what pre screening questions do you ask?
I don't want to waste time talking to someone when I could've moved to the next call.
As Jenny and Scott pointed out, it's easier to write people brand new to Medicare, because there is no underwriting......but when you're working those new to Medicare you have to understand the way Medicare works because you have to teach them more, where somebody that's had Medicare for a while has some understanding. It depends on how comfortable you are with either direction...they both work.

As far as pre screening, I ask what health conditions they have...any prescriptions they take...if they've been in the hospital in the past 3 years, and height/weight.

As you learn your companies, you won't worry about height and weight as much since there are several companies that don't care if they're too short for their weight. You'll know which companies are ok with insulin, etc. Sometimes it's like a puzzle trying to find a fit for them. Most people will qualify with somebdy...but not always.

Like Bob said, you just have to jump in and start doing it. Take your time and make sure you give the right info, even if it takes a while to look it up. You'll get faster.

what pre screening questions do you ask?

I tell folks the carriers are "Mostly looking for the big stuff. Heart issues, cancer stroke, diabetes with complications. Do you have any of those?"

They usually say no, or, "I had a heart attack 10 yrs ago. Is that a problem?"

People usually know if they are in good health or not, and are normally honest. At this point I don't want to cross examine them. Just get an idea.

"Are you waiting in test results, or has a doctor recommended surgery or other treatment that has not been done?".

You learn to get a feel for the situation. Once I am convinced they may pass underwriting I throw out a rate to see if there is interest. If so, I dig deeper and tell them "Most carriers ask for a list of your med's. Give me an idea of what you are taking.".

By now there is a level of trust and they will tell me just about anything. So I ask for the med's, condition treated and how long they have taken them.

If nothing jumps out at this time, and we have an agreement that they would like to apply for coverage, I email them a copy of the health questions from the carrier I quoted. If everything checks out we apply.

My pre-screening process takes no more than 10 minutes. Often less.

Phone sales are definitely viable for supps. However the learning curve is much easier if you do F2F sales first. You won't be as efficient as far as the number of people you can speak with in a day, you'll find sales are much easier when you are in front of people.

Also, it's much easier to respond to objections when people can see your face. Especially if you're as pretty as I am.

Rick

Phone sales are definitely viable for supps. However the learning curve is much easier if you do F2F sales first. You won't be as efficient as far as the number of people you can speak with in a day, you'll find sales are much easier when you are in front of people.

Also, it's much easier to respond to objections when people can see your face. Especially if you're as pretty as I am.

*ick
Nawww, I guess I'll leave that alone. It'd be too easy. :twitchy:

if you're as pretty as I am.

Plastic surgery can work wonders.

Frankenstein-monst-5050.jpg

This is a pic of Boris Karloff. Not to be confused with Peter Boyle in Young Frankenstein, one of my favorite comedy's.

This is a pic of Boris Karloff. Not to be confused with Peter Boyle in Young Frankenstein, one of my favorite comedy's.
I know, it was a weak attempt at a joke. That's one of my favorite movies too. I loved how Igor's hump kept moving from one side to the other. Marty Feldman had some wild eyes.

Latest posts

Back