Selling Other Products As a Captive Agent

napoleon83

I recently started in the insurance business with Aflac. I am finding it to be impossible to make a living in my area with Aflac. I have been trying and only been able to make about 500 a month. Due to this I have gotten to the point where I can not pay my rent. The point of all this is I have recently interviewed with a captive company that not only will give me a salary I feel I will get better training. During the interview I was told I can not sell other products such as Aflac. My question is can I still sell Aflac with out them knowing or will I have to give up my appointment? Will they actually know if I sell any other brands while under their captive company?

I recently started in the insurance business with Aflac. I am finding it to be impossible to make a living in my area with Aflac. I have been trying and only been able to make about 500 a month. Due to this I have gotten to the point where I can not pay my rent. The point of all this is I have recently interviewed with a captive company that not only will give me a salary I feel I will get better training. During the interview I was told I can not sell other products such as Aflac. My question is can I still sell Aflac with out them knowing or will I have to give up my appointment? Will they actually know if I sell any other brands while under their captive company?

Don't accept the job if you can't do what is required.

They can find out your appointments through your Department of Insurance. You have to give them up if you are captive and they do not allow it.

I am with a captive company. I was "told" (in writing) to write each company and have my appointments cancelled.

But when signing the contract, they said I could keep my appointments... just don't write any business. I said I wanted to keep them to write business on myself and my own immediate family... and they said that would be fine.

I wouldn't dare try to become appointed with any new companies while with a captive company.

Be an honorable agent. Be trustworthy with your clients and your company. It'll affect your reputation with them and yourself.

Did you interview with Farmers...................

I interviewed with Monumential Life Insurance. From the research I have done and things they say it seems to be a good company to start with so I can get better training
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am with a captive company. I was "told" (in writing) to write each company and have my appointments cancelled.

But when signing the contract, they said I could keep my appointments... just don't write any business. I said I wanted to keep them to write business on myself and my own immediate family... and they said that would be fine.

I wouldn't dare try to become appointed with any new companies while with a captive company.

Be an honorable agent. Be trustworthy with your clients and your company. It'll affect your reputation with them and yourself.

I do not plan on getting more appointments I just want to keep the appointment I already have with Aflac. I do not want to lose the business I already have through Aflac and I want to have the ability to still service the customers I already have.

Last edited:
Back