Selling Over The Phone

midwestbroker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Columbia, MO
Now that AEP / OEP is over, and Wellcare is halting commissions in my area...I am thinking of selling over the phone.

Here is what I have in my bag other then MA's and supps:

Oxford Final Expense
Americo Final Expense
GTL Advantage Plus tie in plan for MA's
Fixed Annuities

I have a decent book of business. I have been doing review visits with most recently sold clients and have sold some GTL. However, I am looking to do more FE and annuity production.

Any ideas on how to go about this?

Now that AEP / OEP is over, and Wellcare is halting commissions in my area...I am thinking of selling over the phone.

Here is what I have in my bag other then MA's and supps:

Oxford Final Expense
Americo Final Expense
GTL Advantage Plus tie in plan for MA's
Fixed Annuities

I have a decent book of business. I have been doing review visits with most recently sold clients and have sold some GTL. However, I am looking to do more FE and annuity production.

Any ideas on how to go about this?

Do you really think that FE can be sold over the phone?

I know a select individual that thinks f.e. can be sold over the phone lol. I did not know one could sell Oxford over the phone. I know for the traditional face to face final expense Royal and Forethought are great.

However, I am waiting to see when my Oxford recruiting packet will arrive in the mail. It was nice to see that you can still contract direct with them.

Do you really think that FE can be sold over the phone?

It CAN be. I know a couple of groups doing it and doing it well. Obviously you have to have companies that allow it. I know UTA does, and I'm pretty sure Monumental Life does as well. I think Oxford and Baltimore also allow it.

I haven't closed any FE over the phone, but I have sold a few med supps that way. I'm no expert in selling over the phone to seniors by any means, but would sure like to learn to. Generally when I get thhe appointment I at least qualify them, so I know that the appointment will most often result in a signed app.

What are some good techniques to getting the sale via phone?

Lincoln Heritage FE can be sold over the phone as long as you can record the conversation. One of the IMO's I'm with introduced this to us during the second half of last year. I had to purchase one of those recorders you can hook up to your telephone line, and then after the client has decided to purchase one of the FE products, you simply use the script that the company has provided, and you read through the script and ask all of the questions exactly as they are written on the script - verbatim.
You then upload the conversation to your computer, save it, and send it in to the company.

Lincoln Heritage FE can be sold over the phone as long as you can record the conversation. One of the IMO's I'm with introduced this to us during the second half of last year. I had to purchase one of those recorders you can hook up to your telephone line, and then after the client has decided to purchase one of the FE products, you simply use the script that the company has provided, and you read through the script and ask all of the questions exactly as they are written on the script - verbatim.
You then upload the conversation to your computer, save it, and send it in to the company.

Do you know if this is still the case? I recently joined Lincoln and would love to be able to sell this product over the phone.

Back