Selling Over The Phone

Oxford Final Expense
Americo Final Expense
GTL Advantage Plus tie in plan for MA's
Fixed Annuities

Neither Americo, nor Oxford, allow you to sell over the phone.
Both are great companies in their own respect, but not for over the phone.

Baltimore Life sells over the phone successfully, and they have a graded product, too.

Foresters will be rolling out their telephone enrollment process for the PlanRight (final expense) series here shortly. I'm going to Las Vegas for the "Train the Trainer" meeting next week. With their rates, instant issue, incredible customer and sales support, Foresters will be HARD to beat in the telephone sales arena. This rollout will be covered extensively at www.finalexpensebyphone.com

And yes, final expense can be very successfully sold over the phone. The only way to solidify top retention and make for a very easy sale is to piggy-back an FE sale on a Med Supp sale - after you've saved your new client $50 - $100 per month! It's a definite win/win.

See: www.myunlimitedleads.com as this is described.

Last edited:
Do you know if this is still the case? I recently joined Lincoln and would love to be able to sell this product over the phone.

Yes. I've been selling for LH right at 4 yrs. 98% over the phone. Who's your mgr.? Your mgr. may have to ok tele sales. If your mgr. won't ok tele sales for you contact me and I can put you with Sr. Life, which started FE tele sales back in 2002.

I have had some problems with Foresters with the life side but have heard good things about PlanRight, I just can't figure out what would be different about the two departments. But will be good to be able to do a online app if the price is right. Have some fun while your there Chris!

I have had some problems with Foresters with the life side but have heard good things about PlanRight, I just can't figure out what would be different about the two departments. But will be good to be able to do a online app if the price is right. Have some fun while your there Chris!

It's the same company with their same silly and unpredictable underwriting. They don't have the "hangnail" questionaire for the PlanRight yet, but, they will.

Foresters by phone will be the same as any other company by phone. Until, that is, Foresters starts micro management of it. Then, they will make a bad situation worse. Can you say Forethought 2.0?

Yes. I've been selling for LH right at 4 yrs. 98% over the phone. Who's your mgr.? Your mgr. may have to ok tele sales. If your mgr. won't ok tele sales for you contact me and I can put you with Sr. Life, which started FE tele sales back in 2002.

Our agency is "Golden Memorial" in CA - Dennis Soto. I'll check and let you know.

Phone sales are touch and go at times. You run the risk of getting replaced by "that nice young man who came past the house last week" if you aren't careful to make sure they have a reason to remember you.

Last edited:
Phone sales are touch and go at times. You run the risk of getting replaced by "that nice young man who came past the house last week" if you aren't careful to make sure they have a reason to remember you.

That's another reason to use Foresters for your phone sales of final expense. If you're using Lincoln Heritage, Baltimore Life, or Senior Life, your premiums are anywhere from 20% to 50% higher than Foresters rates on the same amount of coverage. This has nothing to do with having sold it on the phone vs. in person, it has to do with getting them the best value for their dollar.

If there is an agent at their door offering $10,000 in life coverage for $40 per month, yet they bought $10k in coverage from a person on the phone for $65 per month, that's still a no brainer.

Conversely, if the person on the phone was able to secure them the $40 per month policy and someone from LH is at their door offering it for $65 per month, it's likely that person will not change for the nice person at the door trying to get them to pay much higher for what they already have. I still say Foresters is the way to go for phone sales now.

Back