Selling Supplemental Insurance

chrisb

I have offers from Aflac and Colonial. Is selling supplemental insurance to employees lucrative in this economy?

I have offers from Aflac and Colonial. Is selling supplemental insurance to employees lucrative in this economy?

NO!!!! It is probably lucrative for people that has been doing it for years, but most hourly employees are barely making ends meet.

I am appointed with Colonial and reached the 90 day bonus for enrolling 3 new businesses but their commissions suck. If I take the money I made and divided it by the hours I worked to get the money, I probably made .98 per hour after expenses.

I wrote a 7000.00 annual premium at one business and most of it was Colonial's mini-med, which pays almost nothing, and my commission was about 1100.00 and this included some life and disability.

DON'T DO IT!!!!!

Businesses need to be hiring so you can sell new ee. Many of my AFLAC accounts have hiring freezes, furloughs, lay-offs and going out of business. Many existing employees would love to buy more if they could find any extra money. In a bad economy often times they cancel supplemental first.

Back