Senior Prospecting

soflaguy

I am new to the Medicare Supplement arena and wondered if some of you veterans could share some of the ways to prospect seniors. Are their relationships one could build with attorneys, CPAs, etc. to get referrals? Does buying lists yield decent results? Thanks for your input.

You might want to check on the CMS website first to see what counties in your state have high MA penetration rates.

MA State/County Penetration - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

Even with high MA penetration rates, you can still find prospects by marketing to higher incomes.

What I do is door knock off a marketing list. I order two sets of lists. One for people turning 65 four to six months out, and and the other for ages 67-79. My income demographics start at $15,000 and up.

I door knock the 67+ list during the early part of the day (9am-4pm) and and work the t-65 list between 4-8pm. I use route optimization software to plan my workday.

Keep your approach simple. You're just looking for nice folks you can connect with, and would be interested in having their options reviewed.

Last edited:
I was using myrouteonline.com but they limit how many routes you can optimize on their monthly plan.

Now, I'm giving Badger Maps a try. Liking it so far! They have a month to month plan for $18 per month.

Who do you buy your lists from?
I've used affordablemarketinglists.com before.

A lot of IMO's have discounts that you can take advantage of though. From one source, I've gotten my list price down to $35 per 1000, but the norm is around $65-$70 per 1000.

----------

I was using myrouteonline.com but they limit how many routes you can optimize on their monthly plan.

Now, I'm giving Badger Maps a try. Liking it so far! They have a month to month plan for $18 per month.
update: I went back to using myrouteonline.com. Badger makes you click on each entry to build your route. That's takes too long when you're making 40-50 stops a day. Badger is better suited for mapping out your client data than for prospect mapping. I upgraded to the $59.95 per month version with myrouteonline.com and now no longer exceed my monthly route credit limit!

Last edited:
I've used affordablemarketinglists.com before.

A lot of IMO's have discounts that you can take advantage of though. From one source, I've gotten my list price down to $35 per 1000, but the norm is around $65-$70 per 1000.

----------

update: I went back to using myrouteonline.com. Badger makes you click on each entry to build your route. That's takes too long when you're making 40-50 stops a day. Badger is better suited for mapping out your client data than for prospect mapping. I upgraded to the $59.95 per month version with myrouteonline.com and now no longer exceed my monthly route credit limit!
You can buy street and trips for about $40 one time fee and it works great. Send me a csv file with name, address, city, state, zipcode and i will run it and send it to you.

Last edited:
There is some great advice above...to add to it...

Door to door is great as it is inexpensive and a great way to get in front of people.

Building relationships is a great way as well with CPA's, estate planning lawyers, P&C agents, etc. However, these relationships can take time to start generating some referrals. I would also suggest networking events through-out your community.

The other side of prospecting is keeping in touch with your clients. Having a follow up system in place will keep from other agents pouching your clients and open up the potential for referrals.

Back