Series 6, 63, and 7 Licenses with Bankruptcy

If it doesn't work out with Farmers, then I want to start my own Independent Agency and hire a handful of producers. I don't want to waste my time working for someone else. I highly doubt I could get to the income level I want working for someone else.

You in a hurry to file your second BK or something? Your first one isn't even discharged and odds are you have little to no savings. Without some ready cash to access, you don't have the resources to be successful starting a new agency, particularly if you are going to hire people.

Plus, if Farmers doesn't want you, what makes you think any other carrier is going to be in hurry to appoint you to sell home and auto?

I know your name here is that of the ultimately positive thinker, but sometimes someone telling you no is the best advice you can get.

If it doesn't work out with Farmers, then I want to start my own Independent Agency and hire a handful of producers. I don't want to waste my time working for someone else. I highly doubt I could get to the income level I want working for someone else.

I do not think you will get to the income level you want with Farmers period.

You in a hurry to file your second BK or something? Your first one isn't even discharged and odds are you have little to no savings. Without some ready cash to access, you don't have the resources to be successful starting a new agency, particularly if you are going to hire people.

Plus, if Farmers doesn't want you, what makes you think any other carrier is going to be in hurry to appoint you to sell home and auto?

I know your name here is that of the ultimately positive thinker, but sometimes someone telling you no is the best advice you can get.

You know, this is exactly what I was thinking and for some reason was hesitant to post it

my buddy is at 150k/year now in just his 3rd year. I want to be able to break 100k within 24 months.......

Have you seen your buddy's check stubs? I find that most agents make about 2/3rds of what they claim to make.

To do $100,000 in 24 months is probably better than 90% of the new agents. It is not impossible.

Every single thing RBA said is 100% true----- about Farmers, about P&C he is NOT and I repeat NOT blowing smoke up your ass-

LISTEN TO HIM!!!!

Great post on Farmers. Must read for all prospective Farmers agents.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My thought is that Country Companies is Illinois's version of Farm Bureau Insurance. I don't iknow if that is right or wrong.

COUNTRY Financial | auto insurance | home insurance | life insurance | investments[]

I believe FB owns Country so that statement is accurate.

----------

Basic credit BK is not going to be an issue however they may have trouble with how recent.

What do you mean by Basic Credit?

Last edited:
Back