Series 6, 7 and 63 License . . .

:skeptical:

Licensing does NOT equate to competence.

Licensing means that you can and will be held liable for your actions and recommendations.

Don't confuse the two.

After I took my Series 7 & 66 12 years ago, almost none of it related directly to the actual job and in giving financial/investment advice.

If you watch the video I posted, there's a LOT in that video that you will NOT learn in your Series 6, 7, 63, 65, or 66.

:skeptical:

Licensing does NOT equate to competence.

Licensing means that you can and will be held liable for your actions and recommendations.

Don't confuse the two.

After I took my Series 7 & 66 12 years ago, almost none of it related directly to the actual job and in giving financial/investment advice.

If you watch the video I posted, there's a LOT in that video that you will NOT learn in your Series 6, 7, 63, 65, or 66.

DHK what are you worried about in three weeks it will be some other idea.

Any one have dealt with Solamen ? What the better software for our agent that want to use laptop or a ipad

Broker dealers are firing small producers like crazy right now. Many don't want anyone doing less than $100k GDC and very few will sponsor a scratch starter unless they are part of a bigger producer group.

Broker dealers are firing small producers like crazy right now. Many don't want anyone doing less than $100k GDC and very few will sponsor a scratch starter unless they are part of a bigger producer group.

All very true. Most broker dealers have minimum production levels to retain your registration.

Not surprising at all. In D. Scott Kimball's books on Top Gun Financial Sales and Top Gun Prospecting... if you aren't on your way to being a $1,000,000 per year producer in securities production... your days are numbered.

https://www.amazon.com/Top-Gun-Fina...25027&sr=8-1&keywords=Top+Gun+Financial+sales

https://www.amazon.com/Top-Gun-Pros...25027&sr=8-2&keywords=Top+Gun+Financial+sales

Scott advocates hunting whales - having no more than 50 relationships or relationship trees (others that are related through family or work to a key relationship) and working to earn $1 million in production every year. Of course, there are only so many "whales" out there and plenty of competition to get them as clients.

However, considering that a FINRA complaint can come from anyone - a $1,000 account to a multi-million dollar account... where FINRA licenses are concerned, less is more. Less clients, more assets, more attention, less compliance risk of a complaint.

And all of that is regardless of the new DOL ruling. It's been moving this way for a long time.

Back