Setting Goals In The Insurance Business

I don't know about that. I'm not a basketball fan, but if Bruce Pearl keeps it up, we'll be beating Kentucky in both sports.

Did I really see a youtube video of Tennesse taking their team photo in front of an Orange Lamborghini with their shirts off? Ugh :twitchy:....

I'm in Lexington, x-rac. Football - I'm predicting a 6-6 season, and a possible victory over the Vols. B-ball - We'll win the SEC with no problem, and make a run at the NCAA title. We're pre-season #2!

Keep believing............LOL

With your equation you would still have to break it down to its more simple form to find the variable. :yes:

If you knew the average commission was $200 per case; you would divide 100,00 by 200 to get 500.

To break it down in simple algebra, and assuming X is $200 per case.

200Y= $100,000

Y= $100,000/200; therefore the variable is 500. It would take 500 cases at an average of $200 per case to gross $100,000.

Hopefully this clarifies! I use to charge $40 an hour to tutor while in college; this lesson is on the house...........
</IMG>

LOL..Ok wise one. I was using "x" as comm. per case and "y" as the number of cases. Both equations the same, no?

LOL..Ok wise one. I was using "x" as comm. per case and "y" as the number of cases. Both equations the same, no?

It would not work because the only constant that was given was the end result of 100K; which was the desired total commission.

If you plugged in either variable; it would still require division to get the other variable.

However, with your equation, if you had known the average commission and the average number of cases then it would work.

I apologize in advance as I am really a nerd when it comes to math and its derivatives.........LOL. I hope you have a good day.

Did I really see a youtube video of Tennesse taking their team photo in front of an Orange Lamborghini with their shirts off? Ugh :twitchy:....

I'm in Lexington, x-rac. Football - I'm predicting a 6-6 season, and a possible victory over the Vols. B-ball - We'll win the SEC with no problem, and make a run at the NCAA title. We're pre-season #2!

UK grad, married in Lexington, and first child born at Central Baptist. I say 7-5 with football and same as you with BB.

Last edited:
Back