Settlers claims record

Now there is a lot of validity to that. Some areas can be quite slow in getting the death certificate. I believe the ones that work with funeral homes are more likely to accept notice from them. United Heritage quickly comes to mind. Last time I heard, they would accept that. Perhaps Security National Life as well?

Of course, this is why the assignment process exists, funeral home is typically getting the death certificates anyway. Of course, there is a charge for it too.

That is correct with United Heritage. My mother died a few years ago. She was under hospice care prior so we knew she was dying. She died on a Sunday, the FH came to the home and picked her up that evening. Monday morning the funeral director and I faxed the Certificate of death to UH. By 10am Tuesday they and I had checks in hand. Compare that to companies like Oxford or Jackson National that say 21 days from the time they get all information.

Also the size and procedures of the claims department makes a difference. SNL as an example. Super nice people, but only one swamped contestable claims person. I am sure that is due to the amount of business they are getting. I will add that the contestable claims I have had have all been paid. That is important.

As Life Hawk, I work all of my own claims. I would pay to work other's claims. Those are some of the best leads.

That is correct with United Heritage. My mother died a few years ago. She was under hospice care prior so we knew she was dying. She died on a Sunday, the FH came to the home and picked her up that evening. Monday morning the funeral director and I faxed the Certificate of death to UH. By 10am Tuesday they and I had checks in hand. Compare that to companies like Oxford or Jackson National that say 21 days from the time they get all information.

Also the size and procedures of the claims department makes a difference. SNL as an example. Super nice people, but only one swamped contestable claims person. I am sure that is due to the amount of business they are getting. I will add that the contestable claims I have had have all been paid. That is important.

As Life Hawk, I work all of my own claims. I would pay to work other's claims. Those are some of the best leads.

Now that's some secret sauce!:yes:

Back