Shingles Vaccines Work. But Medicare Won’t Always Cover Them.

True, but . . .

I have had a few expats that wanted to come back home for special treatment that either was not available or (they felt) was sub-par. One man went back & forth from UK to USA . . . dual citizen. I believe he kept A but never enrolled in B since he was out of the when he turned 65. I believe he was 70 or so and relocated to GA, waited until the next GEP then enrolled. Even with the late penalty he felt like it was worth it.

Whatever his medical condition, he said it had worsened under NHS and felt his best shot was to get treatment here.

It's not always about the Benjamins . . .
No. But after what I've read lately, which certainly doesn't make me an expert, some countries have better care than one might expect.

If a Medicare beneficiary moved out of the country then decided to move back at least he/she would have a GI opportunity for a Med Supp and a SEP for a drug plan. I actually hadn't thought about leaving Medicare itself and then turning it back on. Could you do that?

UPDATE . . .

Expat moving back to the country SEP . . . applies to MAPD or PDP but not Medigap . . . #3 below Change Where You Live

Special circumstances (Special Enrollment Periods) | Medicare

SEP also applies if you are released from jail . . .

To be fair, if inflation doesn't start getting under control.. jail could be a solid retirement plan.

Obviously a joke for all you guys who want to tell me how horrible jail is.. I know.

I've heard Ecuador is a good place for Expats.

I've only been outside of the US one time - went to Jeju (S Korea). Loved it. Wouldn't be easy w/o learning the language, though, whereas other countries it may be easier to navigate with just English.

If I'm over 65 no one wants my elastic skin wrinkles butt.

Don't drop the soap . . .

I've thought about Portugal and Belize myself.

I'd want a smaller country with less people crammed together. They USUALLY live more "live and let live" lives and have less crime.

I've heard Ecuador is a good place for Expats.

I've only been outside of the US one time - went to Jeju (S Korea). Loved it. Wouldn't be easy w/o learning the language, though, whereas other countries it may be easier to navigate with just English.

[QUOTE="

I've thought about Portugal and Belize myself.

I'd want a smaller country with less people crammed together. They USUALLY live more "live and let live" lives and have less crime.

Yes but where can I go and keep my renewals?[/QUOTE]

Personally, I invest most of my earnings that don't require me to be in the states to buy or sell them. I'd likely sell my book when I'm ready to leave.

Latest posts

Back