Short-term care - had any success with it?

Who still offers STC plans these days? NOT strictly HHC, but up to 365 in a nursing home?

Looking for PA, specifically. Aetna has a recovery care plan that's not available here.

I trolled some other old threads on this and it looks like I MAY have found something.

Bankers Fidelity Vantage looks to be available in PA; issue age up to 85.

SLAICO issue age up to 75 (but won't help them as they are over 75).

Looks like Kenper no longer offers it.

Last edited:
Standard pulled their HHC plan.. United National Life has one if they are in your state. Same as Standard except for the Home Health Aide they do not require a previous hospital stay like Standard.. Much better commission.. Mine is 20 points higher than what I have with Standard.

They also have a good STC plan.
Standard now has their plan back on the market.. They have been aquired by Manhattan and I received a much better commission rate through Lou Barber out of Tennessee.

Sell Aetna Short-Term Care Insurance | New Horizons

Aetna apparently has something, but not available in PA. However, New Horizons might be able to help you with your question.

-------------------------------------------------

edit:

this chart:

http://www.shorttermcareinsurance.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/ShortTermCare-States.pdf

Linked from this page

short-term care insurance state approvals

Suggests that there may be several possibilities for PA.

As an agent, maybe you can acquire some information from them.

end edit.

Last edited:
LostDollar said:

That site indicates a GTL short term care policy (not sthhc) is available in PA.

I'm appointed with GTL. Just logged in and they offer a Recovery Cash plan here as well as HHC. The site is wonky regarding the quote engine so I'll mess around with it more later.

Update to New Home Care Secure Short-Term Care Product

Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company

Home Care Secure is now available for ages 50-84! The update is available on the Agent Portal and paper only — e-App update coming soon!

Home Care Secure, a new short term home health care insurance offering underwritten by GTL, was developed by Home Care Genie and is being offered exclusively as a membership benefit in the Aging at Home Association.

You can access the new Home Care Secure rates by clicking the button below for our Agent Portal and placing an order on GTLink.

The product is available for sales in 17 states including: AL, AZ, CO, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MI, NE, NC, OH, OK, SC, TN and TX

Coverage with Home Care Secure Means:

Assessments
To measure your client's well-being over time.

Tools and Guidance
To create an informed plan for aging at home.

Coordination Services
To help your clients find, schedule and manage their care team.

Access

To free in-home telehealth visits.

Cash
Insurance benefits to help pay for home care products and services not covered by Medicare.

Peace of Mind

With affordable lifetime benefits from $20,000 - $60,000.

Latest posts

Back