Should i leave a voicemail when cold calling

Monkey Man, when I was cold calling some times I would leave a message, sometimes not.

Few people had caller ID in those days.

Have not cold called in probably 20 yrs.

Don't miss those days one bit.

Monkey Man, when I was cold calling some times I would leave a message, sometimes not.

Few people had caller ID in those days.

Have not cold called in probably 20 yrs.

Don't miss those days one bit.
When I 1st started cold calling, I called out of the phone book and I can't remember if answering machines were bing used yet.

A group of us would rent a motel room and split the cost just for the use of the phone for free local calls. Had to pay for long distance calls back then. We'd work a town for a week or two then go to another town and just keep rotating towns, going back to each town several times a year. It was like a traveling boiler room.

Times sure have changed. :yes:

Do you block your number when calling leads?

No I do not block my name or phone number.

I mail 2 brochures on Medicare (T--65) and leave 3 messages. Then I move on and don't bother anymore. They know it's me. They know what it's about. If they don't want to talk, they're telling me they are not interested.

When I 1st started cold calling, I called out of the phone book and I can't remember if answering machines were bing used yet.

A group of us would rent a motel room and split the cost just for the use of the phone for free local calls. Had to pay for long distance calls back then. We'd work a town for a week or two then go to another town and just keep rotating towns, going back to each town several times a year. It was like a traveling boiler room.

Times sure have changed. :yes:

Man, I forgot about doing something similar. Going from small town to small town, renting room and calling from a phone book.

Don't miss those days at all.

Or the Gideon Bibles.

I'm a new agent and I wanted to know if i should or should not leave a voicemail for a cold FE lead?

I received your voice mail but but didn't call back... I thought I would just catch you on the forum and let you know I won't be buying any.

Thanks.

...:laugh:

Just goofing around with you... I would leave a message... but I would do it while talking to them at their door. :yes:

Back