SilverScript PDP Rant

I’m appointed with UHC and Humana for MAPDs and I still tell my clients to call the carrier if those two companies show up in the plan finder as the PDP they should go with. Not worth the initial work or service work for such little commissions.

I’m appointed with UHC and Humana for MAPDs and I still tell my clients to call the carrier if those two companies show up in the plan finder as the PDP they should go with. Not worth the initial work or service work for such little commissions.

Completely agree. The only way writing PDP’s makes sense is if you’re a newer agent who is trying to build your book of business.

Once you have an established book, PDP’s start to become WAY more of a headache than a benefit — especially with the crappy changes Medicare.gov made to how they’re not saved when entered.

Once you start getting 100 calls (during AEP) about PDP’s, you’re gonna want to throw in the towel on writing those. Just not worth it.

sounds like you are doing most of the work and getting zero commissions. UHC and humana have such simple online apps. You fill it out, it sends them an email to approve and you’re done.

I can understand why some people choose not to do part D, but those people don’t do any work on it.

I’m in agreement with Chazm. You’re basically saying I’ll to the work and let these other people get paid. Also, when your client calls into UHC or Humana and gets switched to an MAPD (which will inevitably happen at some point) then you’ll be upset about losing the Supp commission. If you don’t do PDP at all, reach out to your local council on aging and see if they do it. Ours does, so we refer clients to them for that if its a PDP we don’t have a contract with and in turn they send us MAPD and Supp clients. Everyone wins.

I cannot F’ing believe this!!! You are saying that if I collect a paper app that I STILL HAVE TO ENTER the information on their website!!!!???

I just submitted my first SS app last week!!

I cannot F’ing believe this!!! You are saying that if I collect a paper app that I STILL HAVE TO ENTER the information on their website!!!!???
Just checked the portal- prospective member is not on there. Does that mean that they won’t process it?!! Talk about kissing a carrier’s butt. Not only do you have to write the business, but type it into!!??

I just submitted my first SS app last week!!

Latest posts

Back