• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Simple "Writing/Drawing" Notebook?

My practice is heavy tech-oriented, for efficiencies, process, protocols, business flow, and so on. I've invested a great deal into tech, so spending money is not an issue. We've integrated AI, TBP and STP, and a lot of what we try works great, some of it doesn't fit for us, and that's OK. Anyway, I have used the "reMarkable" notebook, and while it works great, provides a lot of benefits, etc. -- it's just not something I've integrated into my day-to-day practice and operation. Great device. But I just don't utilize everything it has to offer.

That said, I am looking for something simple -- a simple notebook that plugs in and you draw on it (most of the time graphics, not text), and whatever you draw, appears on the screen. I don't care if it appears in a MS Word document, a PDF, doesn't matter. I am not drawing anything to intricate, just a basic shape or two, a few arrows, etc. Just a basic picture to solidify a point. I am not talking about writing notes and having them converted to MS Word, or anything of the like. Other than saving the document, I don't need to do anything else with it. The reMarkable device seems like overkill.

Any other devices or simple drawing notebooks you are using or can think of? Thanks in advance.

My practice is heavy tech-oriented, for efficiencies, process, protocols, business flow, and so on. I've invested a great deal into tech, so spending money is not an issue. We've integrated AI, TBP and STP, and a lot of what we try works great, some of it doesn't fit for us, and that's OK. Anyway, I have used the "reMarkable" notebook, and while it works great, provides a lot of benefits, etc. -- it's just not something I've integrated into my day-to-day practice and operation. Great device. But I just don't utilize everything it has to offer.

That said, I am looking for something simple -- a simple notebook that plugs in and you draw on it (most of the time graphics, not text), and whatever you draw, appears on the screen. I don't care if it appears in a MS Word document, a PDF, doesn't matter. I am not drawing anything to intricate, just a basic shape or two, a few arrows, etc. Just a basic picture to solidify a point. I am not talking about writing notes and having them converted to MS Word, or anything of the like. Other than saving the document, I don't need to do anything else with it. The reMarkable device seems like overkill.

Any other devices or simple drawing notebooks you are using or can think of? Thanks in advance.
I still mostly use a paper notepad for diagrams, etc. But I have toyed with an iPad app called “Notebook” that seems to do what you’re looking for.

I still mostly use a paper notepad for diagrams, etc. But I have toyed with an iPad app called “Notebook” that seems to do what you’re looking for.

Thanks...Sorry, I left the part out...for use during a web meeting! LOL. Sorry. I don't have/use an iPad, but I guess I could use any tablet for the same purpose. Thanks!

Zoom has a whiteboard feature that you can use on any drawable screen.

If you don't use Zoom or don't have a drawable screen from however you're hosting your meeting, here is simple idea:

Share your screen with the client from your desktop. Open OneNote on a tablet and on your desktop. Draw on your tablet and it will live sync to the screen that your client is seeing on your desktop.

It is a few seconds behind but I have used it MANY times in drawing graphs, charts, examples, etc. and it works beautifully.

Hope that helps.

Zoom has a whiteboard feature that you can use on any drawable screen.

If you don't use Zoom or don't have a drawable screen from however you're hosting your meeting, here is simple idea:

Share your screen with the client from your desktop. Open OneNote on a tablet and on your desktop. Draw on your tablet and it will live sync to the screen that your client is seeing on your desktop.

It is a few seconds behind but I have used it MANY times in drawing graphs, charts, examples, etc. and it works beautifully.

Hope that helps.

Good idea. Thanks. No, I don't use zoom. What I am really trying to avoid is using "another" screen. What I mean is that desk is set up with my laptop -- sometimes it's open, sometimes closed. When open I view the screen and 2 other monitors. Therefore the screen is not available to "draw on" so to speak. Even if it were, I am looking to draw on something laying flat on my desk, not standing up like a screen in front of me.

That's why I am looking for something that I can simply keep in a draw, plug in or go wireless, connect it for my meeting, and either use it or not. If I need it, I grab it, lay it flat on the desk in front of me, like a piece of paper, and I draw -- and then it appears on the screen so that I can see it and so can the client who is on the web meeting with me.

So, in your example, I grab a tablet, open OneNote, lay it flat on the desk, draw, and it appears? Thanks again.

So, in your example, I grab a tablet, open OneNote, lay it flat on the desk, draw, and it appears? Thanks again.
That's exactly how I do it.

Share your screen using whatever software you're using, open OneNote on the screen you're sharing, then open OneNote on your tablet and draw.

I have my tablet laying on my desk open all day b/c I take notes on it too so it's really simple to pivot.

Back