So is there a way to sell insurance without talking to people that arnt actually interested?

There is totally not any part of the economy where "sales" involve actually addressing a legitimate need that the client KNOWS they have and WANTS a solution to, and I'd WILLING to hear your solution and make a decision.

Irrespective of Ramen-noodle-boy there, most clients don't know what they need and want. They aren't trained professional planners. They don't know the 18 risks in retirement. They don't know the impact of taxes on their IRS regulated retirement plans.

Do people know enough about life insurance and annuities to reach out and tell you they have a problem and want you to solve it with your products? Nope. Not at the higher levels anyway. Term, FE, Medicare Supplement, sure... but not necessarily annuities and larger life insurance policies.

quote-if-people-understood-what-life-insurance-does-we-wouldn-t-need-salesmen-to-sell-it-people-ben-feldman-62-87-47.jpg

It's going to take some form of interruption marketing in order to get their attention. It will take either you reaching out to describe a problem you help people solve (and they identify with) or they see your advertising about a problem you help people solve (and they identify with).

Lead with the problems you solve, not the products you sell.

My idea of selling isn't doing outbound calls to people who dont want to buy insurance. Is there a way to take a call from serious people and just facilitate them through the process to the best option for them? I cant stand this power selling take control of the call b.s.

Have you sold in person. The reason I ask is because often people in this profession mistake marketing for sales... if you can't sale you don't need to market. Make sure you can sale then work on marketing. Get some leads.

Irrespective of Ramen-noodle-boy there, most clients don't know what they need and want. They aren't trained professional planners. They don't know the 18 risks in retirement. They don't know the impact of taxes on their IRS regulated retirement plans.

Do people know enough about life insurance and annuities to reach out and tell you they have a problem and want you to solve it with your products? Nope. Not at the higher levels anyway. Term, FE, Medicare Supplement, sure... but not necessarily annuities and larger life insurance policies.

quote-if-people-understood-what-life-insurance-does-we-wouldn-t-need-salesmen-to-sell-it-people-ben-feldman-62-87-47.jpg

It's going to take some form of interruption marketing in order to get their attention. It will take either you reaching out to describe a problem you help people solve (and they identify with) or they see your advertising about a problem you help people solve (and they identify with).

Lead with the problems you solve, not the products you sell.
Yeah man, that's just not for me. Congrats if you're someone who likes speaking with people and applying your solution to "problems" that don't actually exist, or ones that could be solved by a plethora of other solutions, that you none the less always seem to solve with some form of insurance or annuity etc. Best regards

Have you sold in person. The reason I ask is because often people in this profession mistake marketing for sales... if you can't sale you don't need to market. Make sure you can sale then work on marketing. Get some leads.
It produces vomit in my mouth what "sales" consists of doing in this industry. I would be interested in the market from a purely lead generation standpoint, and in that regard, I feel like that use could be better applied to other industries.

Yeah man, that's just not for me. Congrats if you're someone who likes speaking with people and applying your solution to "problems" that don't actually exist, or ones that could be solved by a plethora of other solutions, that you none the less always seem to solve with some form of insurance or annuity etc. Best regards

Ah. You think I'm trying to just get my commissions - regardless of the client's situation?

"Hammer meet nail", right? LOLOL!

Wait until you compare these wealth contracts to what's afforded in the tax code... and how unpredictable our country's spending is... these are very real solutions.

I allude to them in those 2 quick videos above. :)

The opposite works too.

If you're really good at marketing, you don't have to be great at sales.

It produces vomit in my mouth what "sales" consists of doing in this industry. I would be interested in the market from a purely lead generation standpoint, and in that regard, I feel like that use could be better applied to other industries.

Who have you been learning from? You sound a bit disillusioned.

The opposite works too.

If you're really good at marketing, you don't have to be great at sales.

THIS ^^^^

By the typical sales-person standard, I am a lousy sales guy. I can't put pressure on folks to make a decision, have trouble "closing" in the typical manner and I get nervous asking for the check.

My marketing plan is designed to weed out most of the looky-loo's and tire kickers. When they call or email me, they usually know what they want and what they can afford. But they realize they need someone with my expertise to answer questions, assure them they are making the right choice, and help them navigate the application.

In spite of these negative sales flaws, I have been reasonably successful by most standards.

Back