South Carolina DOI

damadcrapper

Super Genius
I was told that the SC DOI is making it difficult to contest FE claims and that one carrier has already pulled out. Our IMO does a ton of business there - has anyone else heard this, or is it just another rumor? I need to cancel that lead order...

I was told that the SC DOI is making it difficult to contest FE claims and that one carrier has already pulled out. Our IMO does a ton of business there - has anyone else heard this, or is it just another rumor? I need to cancel that lead order...

What say would the DOI have on contesting claims?

I know prosperity pulled out of SC. If this is happening that makes sense. Something to watch out for for sure. South Carolina is a tricky state in general for leads as well. Something in the water down there! Love working there though!

Jack Heller of Prosperity presented at out event on Wednesday, and conveyed the same thing - they are out of SC due to contestibility issues on policies replacing older policies, similar to how Kentucky does it.

Also, South Carolina does not approve carriers that do not have at least a B++ AM Best rating (why SNL and Trinity/Family Benefit are not in SC).

Jack Heller of Prosperity presented at out event on Wednesday, and conveyed the same thing - they are out of SC due to contestibility issues on policies replacing older policies, similar to how Kentucky does it.

Also, South Carolina does not approve carriers that do not have at least a B++ AM Best rating (why SNL and Trinity/Family Benefit are not in SC).

Then why is Prosperity still in Ky? As well as SNL and Trinity. Just because some desk jockey at a company says something it doesn't mean it's true.

The guy you mentioned especially.

That’s not correct what Dave is saying . I probably wrote 200 snl in sc over a 6 yr period unless they pulled out in the last few yrs . Also that’s certainly not correct that Sc is a state like Kentucky were a replaced policy can’t be contested . I think what he’s thinking is sc is a Naic state . That means if the person has any type of ins wether you replace it or not you must fill out replacement forms . If things have changed and I’m incorrect please post the ins dept rulings .

Last edited:
That’s not correct what Dave is saying . I probably wrote 200 snl in sc over a 6 yr period unless they pulled out in the last few yrs . Also that’s certainly not correct that Sc is a state like Kentucky were a replaced policy can’t be contested . I think what he’s thinking is sc is a Naic state . That means if the person has any type of ins wether you replace it or not you must fill out replacement forms . If things have changed and I’m incorrect please post the ins dept rulings .

Most states are NAIC states. And that makes no difference on contestability.

Ky, Kansas and WV have similar laws on contestability. Prosperity is in all three.

This just seems like the normal run of the mill company screwing up their product and blaming someone else.

Most states are NAIC states. And that makes no difference on contestability.

Ky, Kansas and WV have similar laws on contestability. Prosperity is in all three.

This just seems like the normal run of the mill company screwing up their product and blaming someone else.

I know it has nothing to do with contestability . I have written a snl in 5 yrs . I wasn’t aware they pulled out of sc .I’m 99% sure all policys in sc can be contested in first 2 yrs irregardless of being replaced . I bet they lost 80% of their agents the last 2 yrs . The product is virtually unsellable now . I was looking on the snl site . They only have 3 market directors for fe left . They used to have 20 or more . Tommy , Adam Brasan and the rest jumped off the sinking ship .

I know it has nothing to do with contestability . I have written a snl in 5 yrs . I wasn’t aware they pulled out of sc .I’m 99% sure all policys in sc can be contested in first 2 yrs irregardless of being replaced . I bet they lost 80% of their agents the last 2 yrs . The product is virtually unsellable now . I was looking on the snl site . They only have 3 market directors for fe left . They used to have 20 or more . Tommy , Adam Brasan and the rest jumped off the sinking ship .

They really screwed me over on one this year. I'm going to post all about it. And they will not return my calls about it. They will not return Scott's calls about it.

Back