South Carolina DOI

South Carolina has always had strict rules on products that a lot of insurance companies won’t cater to. I think one of them has to do with no graded product can have any health screening at all. Has to be GI or 1st day coverage. I’m going from memory so might not be exactly right but something like that.

South Carolina has always had strict rules on products that a lot of insurance companies won’t cater to. I think one of them has to do with no graded product can have any health screening at all. Has to be GI or 1st day coverage. I’m going from memory so might not be exactly right but something like that.

Unless they changed it that wasn’t the way it was in the past . I sold many of the Aetna 30/70/100 graded in sc . All non resident fees must be paid by the carrier and not agent . That’s $40 a pop .

Then why is Prosperity still in Ky? As well as SNL and Trinity. Just because some desk jockey at a company says something it doesn't mean it's true.

The guy you mentioned especially.

Hey JD, hope you're doing well.

There was something more to the SC ruling, as Prosperity is still in Kentucky. Jack mentioned why but I forgot the details.

Also, Alvin said South Carolina DOI will not allow carriers with less than a B++ rating to sell. Explains SNL and Trinity...

Hey JD, hope you're doing well.

There was something more to the SC ruling, as Prosperity is still in Kentucky. Jack mentioned why but I forgot the details.

Also, Alvin said South Carolina DOI will not allow carriers with less than a B++ rating to sell. Explains SNL and Trinity...

What is the ruling then?

Not some desk jockey’s excuse, the actual ruling?

Is it a secret ruling?

Unless they changed it that wasn’t the way it was in the past . I sold many of the Aetna 30/70/100 graded in sc . All non resident fees must be paid by the carrier and not agent . That’s $40 a pop .
Yes I just looked on FexQuotes on the graded option and it proved my memory wrong. I don't remember what is different about SC but a lot of companies won't sell there.

Yes I just looked on FexQuotes on the graded option and it proved my memory wrong. I don't remember what is different about SC but a lot of companies won't sell there.

It's because the companies have to pay the state appointment fee. Seems silly to me, but that must be it because I've not seen any difference in FE from SC to VA. I've sold a boatload in both states and never seen any problems or differences other than the appointment fees.....unless something has changed recently.

This is what I was just told as the reason they pulled out....
"The issue is how the state looks at the CC. In SC if a Dr office does not return our request in a timely manor and the death now has passed two years, although it occurred before two years, we have to pay the claim."

Evidently, the odds are good that there will be more companies pulling out of SC after the 1st of the year....so I'm told.

I guess it's around 500-600 in SC and maybe 350 in VA. Of course, I sold at least double of these amounts for Med Supps (and less than 100 MAPD). I have not been able to concentrate on selling in year now, so those numbers won't change much in the future.

Nowhere near as much as you though. Your FE boat is much bigger. I'm pretty sure yours is a cargo ship!

Back