Speeding Ticket - Tell Ins Agent?

Josh said:
Why do insurance agents have so much rage against call center type companies? It seems like this comment is a stretch. I could call Geico and run a what if scenario by them as well.

Come on Josh you were and agent or still are and you are on an insurance agent forum and wonder why agents do not recommend call centers. Maybe because said agents believe they bring value to the equation worth a little more than just the price you pay.

I'm planning to call the DA of the county to see if I could get it reduced. Good news I haven't had a moving violation since 1999 - Bad news...Unfortunately this was my 3rd DWI. Other than that had another speeding ticket in 1993.
Just wondering how the DA would react 'OK, he doesn't have any moving violations since 1999 (over 13 years) but it was a 3rd DWI....Life was bad in the 90's but I shaped up quite a bit before I killed someone.

I'm planning to call the DA of the county to see if I could get it reduced. Good news I haven't had a moving violation since 1999 - Bad news...Unfortunately this was my 3rd DWI. Other than that had another speeding ticket in 1993.
Just wondering how the DA would react 'OK, he doesn't have any moving violations since 1999 (over 13 years) but it was a 3rd DWI....Life was bad in the 90's but I shaped up quite a bit before I killed someone.

So you got a speeding ticket or a DWI? You have to be pretty ignorant to get 3 DWI's.

Yeah. It took you 13 years to not give a sh*t if you kill someone.

Kudos to you.

Rick

I retract my previous comment. I would definitely want someone to tell me if they've had DWIs, especially three of them.

I would want to know because that means that, even if they aren't on the person's record, I do not want that person as a client. So I would give you Progressive's 800# and tell you to call them.

I'm hearing what I already know...it was stupid of me what I did in the past with the DWIs potentially killing someone as a result. I can't go back in time and change it...I can only do what I have been doing the last 13 year and attempt to follow the staright and narrow. I know I'm far from perfect but NOBODY is. My insurance agent/company does have some confidence in me...it took a bit but I got back to preferred status and have remained there up til now.

So should I call/email DA or do you think theres no chance at all at least getting it reduced some? As mentioned in original post, I got the ticket only one day after getting a new car. Not trying to minimize my fault, but I truly believe that had some bearing (I can go into details). Believe it or not, I wouldn't consider myself a speeder...some have call me granny. Also drive a lot for work over that last 13 yr stetch...over 400mile/wk. Could that be condsidered (i.e. tickets per miles traveled over last 13 years)?

So I appreciate and am thankful of any 'productive' comments. I got the negative already and understand so any more more be beating a dead horse.

I'm hearing what I already know...it was stupid of me what I did in the past with the DWIs potentially killing someone as a result. I can't go back in time and change it...I can only do what I have been doing the last 13 year and attempt to follow the staright and narrow. I know I'm far from perfect but NOBODY is. My insurance agent/company does have some confidence in me...it took a bit but I got back to preferred status and have remained there up til now.

So should I call/email DA or do you think theres no chance at all at least getting it reduced some? As mentioned in original post, I got the ticket only one day after getting a new car. Not trying to minimize my fault, but I truly believe that had some bearing (I can go into details). Believe it or not, I wouldn't consider myself a speeder...some have call me granny. Also drive a lot for work over that last 13 yr stetch...over 400mile/wk. Could that be condsidered (i.e. tickets per miles traveled over last 13 years)?

So I appreciate and am thankful of any 'productive' comments. I got the negative already and understand so any more more be beating a dead horse.

Is it just a speeding ticket or did you also get a DWI?

It was just a speeding ticket at this time(2nd speeding ticket - 1st was in 1994). The 3rd DWI was in 1999. No violations between then and current ticket

It was just a speeding ticket at this time(2nd speeding ticket - 1st was in 1994). The 3rd DWI was in 1999. No violations between then and current ticket

Just pay the ticket and move on. No worries just keep on trucking!:biggrin::yes::)

Back