Sponsored thread about CE

Yeah I didn't see it until about an hour ago. No one is trying to get around the rules on making an offer. It is a paid placement. I am a big fan of the forum and want to make sure everything is done right. I think it shows now that it is a paid advertisement.

Kudos to you for coming out and taking credit for it, good and bad.

I will admit I didn't look at it very hard, but I knew that it would play right into what @InsCommentary complains about regarding CE.

Charley Parker is the name Sam came up with for paid advertisements. Years ago he was posting paid ads under his own screen-name. Obviously that was very confusing. So he created the Charley Parker user for paid posts.

---------

Ive found that CE classes are a crapshoot on the content quality. Even with webCE Ive had some really good ones and really bad ones (even found incorrect and outdated annuity info in the last round of classes from webCE).

Most other major providers seem to be about the same. On the surface, I dont see a big difference between the various online providers.

--------

Regarding the offer. There is no way I would use it based on the very little info given on the site. There is literally zero info about the actual CE classes....

Do they report to the state for me? If so, is it daily reporting/weekly/etc.?
Required ongoing LTC Certification classes?
Required Ethics classes?
Required Annuity training classes?
Are they registered in all 50 states?
Do courses that cover all 24 hours include Ethics AND LTC? (most dont include ltc)

Maybe its a yes to all that. But I dont know any of these details until after making the purchase. That makes it a big no-go imo.

Last edited:
Charley Parker is the name Sam came up with for paid advertisements. Years ago he was posting paid ads under his own screen-name. Obviously that was very confusing. So he created the Charley Parker user for paid posts.

---------

Ive found that CE classes are a crapshoot on the content quality. Even with webCE Ive had some really good ones and really bad ones (even found incorrect and outdated annuity info in the last round of classes from webCE).

Most other major providers seem to be about the same. On the surface, I dont see a big difference between the various online providers.

--------

Regarding the offer. There is no way I would use it based on the very little info given on the site. There is literally zero info about the actual CE classes....

Do they report to the state for me? If so, is it daily reporting/weekly/etc.?
Required ongoing LTC Certification classes?
Required Ethics classes?
Required Annuity training classes?
Are they registered in all 50 states?
Do courses that cover all 24 hours include Ethics AND LTC? (most dont include ltc)

Maybe its a yes to all that. But I dont know any of these details until after making the purchase. That makes it a big no-go imo.

I'll answer it here for all to see:

They report daily Monday-Friday.

The Courses that are 24 hours comes with the required ethics training but not the LTC. IF you PM me I'll hook you up with both.

One course is geared for the P&C agent, one for L&H, the other is a mix.

They are in all 50 states..... and Canada!

Yes to ethics no to LTC. If anyone reading this wants I'll throw in a LTC refresher course - just PM me.

I'll answer it here for all to see:

They report daily Monday-Friday.

The Courses that are 24 hours comes with the required ethics training but not the LTC. IF you PM me I'll hook you up with both.

One course is geared for the P&C agent, one for L&H, the other is a mix.

They are in all 50 states..... and Canada!

Yes to ethics no to LTC. If anyone reading this wants I'll throw in a LTC refresher course - just PM me.

Good to know. Seems like a good deal then. Id suggest putting some info covering those things on your offer post or the website.

Thanks for the offer on the LTC refresher. You are 3 months too late for me, I just renewed in July. Id bet some others will take you up on it.

You mean to tell me there are people on here that are not using their real names?

I don't have a problem if the paid content helps pay the bills, so long as its clearly identified as paid content. Then again with a free forum that takes quite a bit of effort and expense to maintain (I know, I've run a few), who am I to complain anyway.

Every paid advertorial is clearly labeled and there's also the graphic image on top right side of first post

sticky-advertorial.jpg

You mean to tell me there are people on here that are not using their real names?

I don't have a problem if the paid content helps pay the bills, so long as its clearly identified as paid content. Then again with a free forum that takes quite a bit of effort and expense to maintain (I know, I've run a few), who am I to complain anyway.
Trout is your real name? :huh:

I didn't pay to have my thread be a "sticky" thread, nor is it an advertisement.

https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/guidance-for-new-life-agents.29999/

:)

Well I should have been clearer.

There are paid advertorials which are stuck, but then there are also valuable threads (like yours) which get stuck on top of regular threads too.

However due to not being able to distinguish sticky threads by author in forum backend, threads like yours are also marked by the graphic.

Consider this is a collateral bonus labeling :idea:

Reactions: DHK
Back