Starting a NEW Independent Agency in Seattle?

insurance404

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have been in the insurance industry for over 12 years now and own a successful Health Insurance agency (along with Life and Disability).

Yet have been wanting to open a P&C agency for many years. Im looking for a partner that has more Auto, Home and Small Business expertise to start or merge with an existing agency.

Essentially I want an equity partnership and can bring a cash flow stream of income to support an agency as it grows!

#1 Looking for Advise on what to do and what NOT to do...
#2 If you know a good agent in the Seattle area that might want to do this!

NOTE: Send me a Private Message if you want to chat more in-depth.

The key to forming a partnership is figuring out how you are going to kill the partner and bury the body without getting caught.

No but seriously, I can tell you from personal experience and from talking with others, that one of the keys in a partnership is figuring out a clear exit plan BEFOREHAND. I can't guarantee much, but I can promise that both you, the partner, and the insurance business will be different today than 5 years from now, and you will feel differently 5 years from now about it than you do today.

I can also tell you having started in home and auto, and now doing almost exclusively commercial, that p&c is very different than health, so, buckle your seat belt my friend.

I do agree with starting with an Exit strategy! I always do that.

i've worked at Marsh which is a mega P&C agency and at a smaller P&C agency yet cross selling them Life, Disability and Health...then the ACA took off and that carried me upwards in my own agency.

Mainly I want to create synergy and enable us to grow together, as they can have full access to my client base! I refer off quite a bit of auto insurance already without even asking every month.

Back