State Auto Complaints - where Are They?

...committed to traditional compensation structures? committed to the IA channel? Sign up for PGA to find out more?

There's a particular story Shawn still rejects as untrue & in general (based off my pugnacious approach to these forums...) I believe (initially..) he questioned if I was really a successful insurance professional. He's still probably 5% unsure of that.

Shawn has an agenda & that's to promote PGA (as would I if I were him..) so if he took up a witch hunt against a potential insurance impostor...how does reflect on him?

Instead, constantly changing the last 4 digits of my handle silently protests my credibility & is a silent shot across my bow. I believe he took that tactic right from my mother's book!

TRUMP 2016!

...committed to traditional compensation structures? committed to the IA channel? Sign up for PGA to find out more?

There's a particular story Shawn still rejects as untrue & in general (based off my pugnacious approach to these forums...) I believe (initially..) he questioned if I was really a successful insurance professional. He's still probably 5% unsure of that.

Shawn has an agenda & that's to promote PGA (as would I if I were him..) so if he took up a witch hunt against a potential insurance impostor...how does reflect on him?

Instead, constantly changing the last 4 digits of my handle silently protests my credibility & is a silent shot across my bow. I believe he took that tactic right from my mother's book!

You had me up until the end which I removed.

It definitely comes across as petty to me. I do respect Shawn but I think it reflects negatively upon him and PGI.

Also, all I can say is read their contract carefully. Shawn constantly says begin with the end in mind. Well, how the contract works if you decide to part ways and how they say it works are not the same. I won't go into details, just read carefully and decide if it is ok with you.

VolAgent well that's your call if you don't want to make America great again. I for one do & I'm getting ready for my pilgrimage to Mexico to build the wall.

If I thought Ins1326 was offended I might change... but he and I have a pretty good understanding of one another. If he asked me to stop I would. I cant imagine he would.

As far as it appearing petty or silly, I have to worry about that on every post given my lack of anonymity, but not to that degree. I may be in insurance, I may not have anonymity to hide behind, (Ya'll get a very clean watered down version of me.) If my only mechanism of playing on the forum is with INS1877 four digits I can handle the "blow back" that might cause me and PGI (Not PGA)

Honestly: Initially I thought is was a Year 1822. I thought he was smarter than the rest of us and knew that 1822 was a significant year in insurance and hence chose it. Not the case.

Vol Agent- Is entitled to his opinion of our contract language. We have three contracts. The language changes a bit on each. Closing in on 400 agents who love their contract and the PGI deliverable.

Last edited:
Vol Agent- Is entitled to his opinion of our contract language. We have three contracts. The language changes a bit on each. Closing in on 400 agents who love their contract and the PGI deliverable.

I didn't say it was bad. ;)

I said how it was represented and how it actually works are two different things. In and of itself, I didn't think it was a bad contract. I simply felt there was better for me.

I also read the two contracts plus the addendum if that is what you are referring to as three contracts. What I found to be inaccurate was in both.

I was a State Auto agent. They threatened to cancel us for poor loss ratios.
I didn't think -11% was bad but seems they did.
We had a contingency check in excess of $20k. They seem to have issues with setting reserves. The prior year LR was over 100% but the year before that we received another large check.
We had more and more trouble getting anything written so we bailed.
State Auto and Grange are sinking ships.

Tell me about Grange Being a sinking ship. Would love to know more on that front....
Are you in Columbus?
PL rates taking significant increases. C/L cutting back on writings.
Same as always. Go out and write business then cut back and non renew.
If I were a marketing rep I would target Grange business.
I would avoid appointment with State Auto for a year at least.

Safeco was very good until they were bought out. The OC non renewed all our business either directly or rate increase then cancelled our contract.

Safeco PL has been very good.

Back