State Farm agents offer no benefits?

Dexes

Expert
Everywhere I look I can't find a single State Farm agent that offers benefits for team members in their office. This is a bit concerning to me, looking at it now and in the future. I see a company like New York Life that has great benefits and a defined pension. I don't know much about them and it seems they're an only commission job, but I'm giving that as an example... Not looking to join them

You will find most P&C companies will only offer benefits if you work in the support offices, not the Agent offices. Because the Agents are considered to be their own business.

I offer benefits to my employees I'm an Independent Insurance Agent. I hire my staff through staffing companies and they get the benefits through them. It's affordable for them and I don't get charged for taxes or the insurance they sign up for. It's a win situation because I can give them higher hourly with bonus plans.

Go Independent or Go Home!

MetLife offers pension, 401k with a generous match, amazing health and dental insurance and other perks. Recruiters for other captives call all the time, but they can't get close.

A little late to the game, but thought I would reply. State Farm corporate made a decision a number of years back to eliminate agent staff from our group health benefits. Since then few agents can afford to offer benefits to staff.

You might have luck with AAA or GEICO but most agents own their business and have no need to offer benefits if the staff doesn't reach a mandate. Often an agent with 2 or more offices will have a separate company set up for each one

Back